Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deazy615 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2015, 02:17 AM
    Pills to take before Unprotected Sex
    Hi everybody,

I would like to ask a question if there's any pill or sort of drug that is safe to take before going into unprotected sex? Me and my partner are not really a fan of using condoms. She can't take pills this time too cause she's still breast-feeding our 8 month old daughter. Can anyone please give an advise? It would be so appreciated. Thanks a lot! :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 14, 2015, 02:24 AM
    There is no such pill. Most times breastfeeding can be a natural birth control, but just like all the others, there is no guarantee.

If you are not ready for her to be pregnant again so soon, you either use a condom or refrain from sex until she can discuss other options with her doctor.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2015, 02:29 AM
    While breastfeeding, many women will use a progestin or progesterone only type of birth control choice. They are much less likely to cause an issue with milk supply. If that is of interest, she can talk to her doctor or midwife about the options available. Note that these are used consistently, not before individual acts of sex.

As J_9 said, breastfeeding can be a good form of birth control, but only as long as certain criteria are being met. Exclusively breastfeeding, and periods having not returned are two examples. Since baby is 8 months, a few of the criteria are likely no longer taking place.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2015, 04:01 AM
    No there is no such pills, and even if there was, it would be the same chemicals she can not take.

There will be a risk, even with condoms. If you do not want a child, you need to do that
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2015, 07:46 AM
    Use a condom... and sorry... there is no excuse NOT to if you are afraid of a pregnancy. They make them in several materials so a latex sensitivity isn't an excuse for either party.

Fan or not....adults have to do a lot of things they may not want to....but everything carries a risk and a price.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Birth Control Pills and Unprotected Sex [ 2 Answers ]

I missed the last row of my birth control pills which I know is just the sugar pills but then it was a few days before I started my next pack. I had my period on the first of this month and it ended on the 7th. I had unprotected sex on the 9th. I'm really concerned that I may have just...

Unprotected sex while on brown birth control pills [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on birth control (junel) and once you start taking the brown pills at the end of the pack you are supposed to start your period. Welll I missed a few days of taking the brown pills and I had unprotected sex and he came inside me but, and this may sound stupid but I went to the bathroom...

Missed 4 birth control pills and had unprotected sex. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently missed 4 birth control pills and had unprotected sex. I spotted for two days and then my flow has gotten heavier like an actual period. My real period is not supposed to start until Sunday. Is there a chance I can become pregnant? Should I expect my scheduled period to arrive? If I miss...

Missed pills, unprotected sex - could I be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm taking birthcontrol and I have missed a lot of pills my boyfriend and I have been having a lot of unprotected sex, I was 3 days late for my period last month and then on the third day I had pink spotting and VERY light then it was kind of reddish but still pinkish and brownish, and it only...

Brown Discharge Unprotected Sex Pills [ 1 Answers ]

Missed 2/3 pills before having sex again (Taking 'Gynera') Without a condom Brown discharge for 2/3 days now. I've only had this once or twice before. Do I have an infection? Am I pregnant?

View more questions Search