John Buczek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2015, 11:10 PM
    My chow gets sick this time of year stops eating
    My chow stops eating this time of year looses weight and her hair
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 12:28 PM
    Have you discussed this with your vet?

Sadly, even with more info, there's very little we could do to help. The vet is your best bet.

Since you state that this happens every year around this time, I'd suspect an allergy of some sort, but again, that would be for a vet to determine.

Good luck. :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Have you discussed this with your vet?

Sadly, even with more info, there's very little we could do to help. The vet is your best bet.

Since you state that this happens every year around this time, I'd suspect an allergy of some sort, but again, that would be for a vet to determine.

Good luck. :)
    Yes, chow has many layers of coat. Where does OP live ? It makes a difference

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 year old shepard chow mix won't eat his dog food what can I do? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog won't eat his dog food we tried everything the rice in his food the gravy in his food grease from meat he won't eat what can we do ?

Why a dog stops eating. [ 6 Answers ]

My 12 year old dog has not eaten for almost two days. She has a few medical problems and won't take her medicine either. She has eaten little pieces of food but if there is a pill in them, she will chew it and spit it out. She is also very weak because of her conditions and lack of food. Does this...

Jenn and My 11 Year Old Lab/Chow Mix [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 11 year old Lab/Chow mix in the past year she gradually gained weight, more towards her stomach area and her back paws got a little weak and I thought it was just due to the fact she's getting older. Than for a few days she started to get real sick, breathing weird and her back paws...

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

Dog Chow Chow dermatology [ 1 Answers ]

My female Chow Chow dog is 9 years old has since two months developed white spots on her nose, gums and tongue. These spots are white and pink and of various size (very small to the size of 1 cent). It's not leptospiroza. What else could it be and what could be the treatment? Please help!

View more questions Search