Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ritapala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2015, 11:20 AM
    Utility sink soapstone, fine cracks leaking
    Utility sink soapstone, fine cracks leaking - had used chalking you put around tubs many years ago, and it helped, but recently it was coming off, so removed it. I would like to paint the whole sink if possible with a waterproof paint, but I don't know what to buy?? A spray paint would do nicely.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2015, 12:43 PM
    You are sure it is soapstone? Paint will never hold up. Sand it well and use a stone sealer.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2015, 02:54 PM
    Rust Oleum makes a tyb and tile refinishing paint which should do the trick. Specialty Tub & Tile Refreshing Kit Product Page You brush or roll it on but I am warning you, the odor will be very strong for two days

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any way to seal a soapstone sink? [ 6 Answers ]

It is soapstone. I think some people are too young to know what we are talking about. The cracks have been there forever and leaking so little that a pan underneath has been plenty. Now, it seems to be the seal around the drain - not the one that the washing machine empties into. The plumber...

Kitchen Sink/Garbage Disposal back up into Basement Utility Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Our house is an expanded & completely remodelled older home, with new main floor kitchen incl. garbage disposal and dishwasher which drains into kitchen sink line. Our kitchen sink drain will sometimes backup into our utility sink in the basement, including solid food particles from the...

Linoleum appears blistered fine cracks in concrete below. Did something come up to d [ 0 Answers ]

After removing carpet I found a bunch of spots in the linoleum had puckered up and cracked, after scraping the linoleum off I found what looked like eroded concrete. After scraping at that for awhile, I found very fine cracks running along the same line. I know we've been through a large...

Kitchen Sink water backing into Utility sink in basement [ 1 Answers ]

I have modified ranch, with kitchen sink with Garbage disposer on first floor and in the basement I have Utility sink next to washing machine. Water is backing up in that basement sink when ever there is large volume of water is released like washing dishes and running disposer . Stink...

Hooking a Utility Sink in basement to Kithcen sink drain [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to install a utility sink in the basement and have attached a drawing illustrating the current piping and proposed attachment. Basically, the kitchen sink drain goes directly into a drain in the basement floor via a 1-1/2" steel pipe, which is tied to the sewer system. I'd like to put a...

View more questions Search