Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yusf Posts: 198, Reputation: 3

Sep 9, 2015, 08:45 AM
    How to grow taller? (age-17)
    My age is 17 (boy) and I want to be taller because my friends are taller than me. Also, soon my I will grow at an age where people stop growing... so I want to boost my height now. (I am approximately 165cm now)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2015, 09:13 AM
    Get happy with what you have now because you can't change it... it is what it is and you can't make yourself grow taller. Though Malnutrition as a child might limit your height as an adult.

Sep 9, 2015, 10:16 AM
    I still have time probably, and is not there any exercise or stretching for this?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2015, 11:26 AM
    No. It is what it is.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2015, 02:07 PM
    Not unless you can stretch your bones. Your ethnicity will enter into play here.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2015, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Not unless you can stretch your bones. Your ethnicity will enter into play here.
    And your genes. Check the heights of your father, grandfathers, uncles. Also, you may still get somewhat taller, but by average age of 18 (+ or -), you will stop growing. Once the growth plates, soft areas of cartilage at the ends of your long bones (femurs or thigh bones), have closed, you are finished growing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2015, 08:28 PM
    Besides proper diet, no there is nothing you can do, to make yourself grow taller.

Sep 10, 2015, 07:10 AM
    All right. And I am about the height of my father. That means I have grown to my Max right?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 10, 2015, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusf View Post
    All right. And I am about the height of my father. That means I have grown to my Max right?
    Yes, and no. Most likely you are as tall as you are going to get, but some people grow a bit past the age of 17. Look at grandfathers, uncles. Their genes also play a part in your height. Don't let your height define who you are as a person.

Sep 11, 2015, 02:56 AM
    Okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I still grow taller? [ 13 Answers ]

My mom is 5'2 and my dad is 6'1. I am turning 18 in like 20 days and right now I don't know if am really going to get tall again. I'm 5'5"

Is it possible to grow taller at age 20 [ 10 Answers ]

Can I still grow at the age of 20, female? I'm only 5 ft in height while my mother is around 5" 4' - 5' 5'... my dad is much taller and so is my grandparents? My little sister is even getting talller than me> Please help

Is it Possible to Grow Taller at age 33 ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am a woman,not married and 33 years old. I would like to ask,is it really possible to grow taller at this age? I am 1m 50 cm,would like to grow 7-10 cm. Internet is full of useful and useless information. So I would like to get an answer from an experienced doctor who will end my...

I'm 22 and only 4'11" will I grow any taller ? [ 4 Answers ]

Its pathetic that I'm not like 5'5" everyone else in the family is... why can't I? I hate being short. Clothes don't fit right... I hate it.

How can I grow taller? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a 14 year-old girl and my height is just 155cm. My dad is 169cm and my mom is 157cm. Both of them are not consider tall, rather short. How can I grow taller?? Can anyone tell me some ways to get taller??

View more questions Search