Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathy Hadley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 06:29 AM
    How do I book the sale of an asset
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Dr. Cash (or whatever you have received)
    Cr. Asset

If there is any accumulated amortization, you will need to debit that as well.

The difference, is the gain (credit) or a loss (debit)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed asset or Intangible asset [ 4 Answers ]

Is the U.S. Treasury Note. A Fixed or Intangible Assets.

How does the sale of a fixed asset affect financial statement [ 2 Answers ]

Am struggling with how to post an entry on the sale of a fixed asset-if the asset was purchsed for 50,000 and there is still 25,000 owed on it and I have sold it for 40,000 how do I post this and what accounts are affected-is this only a balance sheet issue or does it affect an income account since...

Tax Effect of 501(c)(7) Sale of Asset [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the tax effect of a 501(c)(7) Tax-Exempt Corporation (Social Club for hunting & fishing) selling an asset is? This asset would be a portion of the land that the corporation owns. There are 39 members and most likely the net proceeds from the sale would be distributed...

Je for disposing of asset [ 3 Answers ]

How do you record the disposal of an asset when it has been partly depreciated and you didn't get anything for the asset. EX. Furniture cost 8000 Accum Deprec 5000 :confused:

Trade In Of An Asset [ 1 Answers ]

On December 1, 2005, Cutting Edge Traded An Old Piece Of Equipment For A Newer Model. The Following Information Pertains To This Transaction: Old Machine: Original Cost 18,000 Accumulated Depreciation As Of 12/1/05 13,500 ...

View more questions Search