Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sofia Keith Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2015, 09:37 AM
    True or False
    Weight, age and gender all depend on a patients medication directions.

Sep 4, 2015, 09:40 AM
    Weight, age and gender all depend on a patients medication directions. T or F
    True or False
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2015, 09:48 AM
    Please don't ask or expect us to do your homework for you. Tell us what YOU think the answer is and why and we can tell you if you are right.

Sep 4, 2015, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Please don't ask or expect us to do your homework for you. Tell us what YOU think the answer is and why and we can tell you if you are right.
    Well for one this isn't my homework. Thanks for making an assumption. For two, my cousin and I got into a discussion about her brother's fiancé who is in pharmaceutical school. And she answered it wrong and argued us down so I turned to the general public to settle our debate.

Sep 4, 2015, 10:24 AM
    You posted a true/false question under Other Education. And you expect us to believe its not homework? Sorry, but the assumption was an obvious one to make.

In any case, I'm still waiting for you to tell us what you think the answer is.

Sep 4, 2015, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You posted a true/false question under Other Education. And you expect us to believe its not homework? Sorry, but the assumption was an obvious one to make.

In any case, I'm still waiting for you to tell us what you think the answer is.
    It was a test question from her class. The test came back she got her score it caused us an argument. I'm not posting what we said it was because I don't want our thought to influence yours. If you don't want to answer then don't...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2015, 11:03 AM
    False.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 4, 2015, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Keith View Post
    Weight, age and gender all depend on a patients medication directions.
    Is that how the question was written?

If you are having a debate over the correct answer, then someone needs to refresh their reading comprehension.

As Scott has said, we will not give you an answer on test/homework question without you providing your answer first. Your answer will not influence ours, but it will give us a starting point for explaining the correct answer.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2015, 11:08 AM
    The statement is phrased incorrectly. Is that the original statement, or have you messed with it?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2015, 11:27 AM
    The statement is phrased incorrectly.
    That's why I answered False ;-)

Sep 4, 2015, 11:42 AM
    This is how it was phrased.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That's why I answered False ;-)
    Ok so most of the answers are false or people question the phrasing. My cousin and I answered false. The girl answered true. Her answer came back correct. We said there is no way it is correct and she argued that it was.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2015, 11:44 AM
    Ok so most of the answers are false or people question the phrasing. My cousin and I answered false. The girl answered true. Her answer came back correct. We said there is no way it is correct and she argued that it was.
    What was her argument?

Sep 4, 2015, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What was her argument?
    That the statement was true and that sometimes weight, age, and gender does depend on patient's medication. And that she should know because she went to pharmaceutical school for 4 years.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2015, 01:12 PM
    That the statement was true and that sometimes weight, age, and gender does depend on patient's medication. And that she should know because she went to pharmaceutical school for 4 years.
    But she interpreted it backwards. How do weight, age, and gender DEPEND ON a patient's medication? It's the other way around.

Weight, age, and gender often DETERMINE (not "depend on") which medication.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2015, 01:29 PM
    Prescribed dosages are certainly dependent on weight(body mass), age and possibly gender. Would a 100# person get the same dosage as a 300# person, most likely not. As written, I consider it false.

Sep 4, 2015, 02:53 PM
    It was a test question from her class. The test came back she got her score it caused us an argument. I'm not posting what we said it was because I don't want our thought to influence yours. If you don't want to answer then don't...
    You don't get it. This site has a policy of not doing people's homework. The policy states that we will help when we know that the asker has attempted to do the work. This is a true/false question your telling us your answer is not going to influence mine. I know what the answer is, but I'm not going to do your work for you.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 4, 2015, 02:53 PM
    I am confused. You first told us that she got it wrong. Now you are saying she got it right. Which is it?

Well for one this isn't my homework. Thanks for making an assumption. For two, my cousin and I got into a discussion about her brother's fiancé who is in pharmaceutical school. And she answered it wrong and argued us down so I turned to the general public to settle our debate.
    This is how it was phrased.

This is a classic True/False question designed to make certain the student reads the statement and pays attention to the wording. Not paying attention to switched details can cause a person to mess up.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 4, 2015, 03:43 PM
    '...statement was true and that sometimes weight, age, and gender does depend on patient's medication...'

Baloney. You are telling me that my AGE and GENDER depend on the Tylenol I just took? Do you realize how that's backwards? It's saying that by taking Tylenol, I just somehow had an effect on my age and gender. Good grief.
    Weight, sure. Lots of medications affect weight. Therefore my weight partly DEPENDS on that medication.

Sorry to be harsh, but if someone went to school for 4 years and has that backwards, I sure hope she survives the risks of her job.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2015, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Sorry to be harsh, but if someone went to school for 4 years and has that backwards, I sure hope she survives the risks of her job.
    And the OP claims that answer was counted as correct.
    The girl answered true. Her answer came back correct. We said there is no way it is correct and she argued that it was.

Sep 4, 2015, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    But she interpreted it backwards. How do weight, age, and gender DEPEND ON a patient's medication? It's the other way around.

Weight, age, and gender often DETERMINE (not "depend on") which medication.
    That was our point too. But her teacher gave her 100.. so she argues that she is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I am confused. You first told us that she got it wrong. Now you are saying she got it right. Which is it?

This is a classic True/False question designed to make certain the student reads the statement and pays attention to the wording. Not paying attention to switched details can cause a person to mess up.

We said she was wrong. Her teacher said she was right

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or false [ 1 Answers ]

Insulin can produced when when genes from bacteria are inserted into humans.

History homework True or False if false rewrite it to make it true [ 23 Answers ]

Under Hammurabi's code,the penalty for every crime was death

True or false? [ 229 Answers ]

Yeah I'm back, and wondering if I'll be allowed to let liberals speak for themselves this time... BOWNmM0W9rY True or false? Who's really bashing who?

True or false [ 5 Answers ]

True or false The Colt six-shooter was of little use in fighting the comanche and kiowa.

View more questions Search