Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddie1110 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 02:00 PM
    How Do They Put The M On A M&M?
    A printer wants to know, How do they put the M on a M&M? The answers out there off Google search does not do it for me. I want more detail, the answer that it is "like offset printing" is not correct.

Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Quote from the site: How m & m® candy is made - Background, History, Raw materials, The manufacturing process

Printing
    "6 The single-colored batches are combined into the mixtures of red, yellow, blue, green, brown, and orange. They are then transported to the machine that stamps the "m" on the shells. A special conveyor belt carries the pieces to this machine. Each piece rests in its own indentation. The piece runs under rubber etch rollers that gently touch each candy to print the "m." This machine is specially designed to imprint the "m" without cracking the thin candy shell. The process used is similar to the off-set printing process. Approximately 2.6 million M&Ms' are transported to the etching machine per hour. One hundred million individual M&Ms® can be manufactured per day."
    yellowwolfdjm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddie1110
    A printer wants to know, How do they put the M on a M&M? The answers out there off of google search does not do it for me. I want more detail, the answer that it is "like offset printing" is not correct.

Thank you
    I don't know but why did the blonde get fired from the m&m company? Because she ate all of the w's
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 9, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough

"The single-colored batches are combined into the mixtures of ..."
    WHAAAT! So they could make bags of all the same colour if they wanted to?

I want a bag of browns, they taste the best!

Oh, and American purple Skittles taste AWFUL! British ones are much nicer! Lol!

(USA = Grape [Why?] UK = Blackcurrent [Yum!])
    004554ashley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 09:50 AM
    How do they put the M's on the m&ms

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

400 amp service with 2-200 amp panels & 320 amp socket [ 6 Answers ]

Hi TK. I am running 400 amp service into my new contruction home. The electric compnay is running a single 400 amp line to the meter. I have to split it to the two panels at that point. You had told me once before that I need a 320 amp meter socket and then run 2-200 amp lines to the separate...

IF I put them out.where will they go? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old son still at home and his 4 year old daughter. Got into trouble with the law, did some time, doing okay, keeping a job, attending home church, helping with daughter as much as he can. The deal was to stay until he can get on his feet. How long does it take for him to get on...

When to put down [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 15 year old Pomeranian who isn't doing too well. He has a brain tumor and has seizures. Sometimes he can't even walk down the stairs.He has arthritis and the vet said he's in pain when we walks because his kneecaps have shifted I don't want to cause him to suffer. From that descriptions...

How much load can be put on 15 amp breaker [ 4 Answers ]

I am wanting to put 6 outlets, a fluorescent light and 2 track light fixures in my basement. Can I put everything on one breaker? Thanks for your help.

WHere to Put this? [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I have really been going through hard times. My family is not one of the wealthiest. My mom is a single parent making it hard on both my brother and me. Anything I want I have to work for. The only thing free is food and are crapy apartment. My mom comes home and yells at me for any reason...

View more questions Search