Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brandyc2345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2015, 10:43 AM
    I took a pregnancy test Saturday and it was Positive it was the clear blue digital on
    I took a pregnancy test Saturday and it was Positive it was the clear blue digital one. I started bleeding Sunday morning at work and went to the hospital and they told me I was never pregnant. Now my bleeding has either gotten really light or stopped and I am still having sytoms and I'm not sure what to do
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2015, 10:51 AM
    When did it turn positive... within the time window it tells you? If it was much later then the result meant nothing (meaning a negative test will sometimes turn positive long after the time window it should be read). With that said..false positive do happen, but they are much more rare than false negatives.

What symptoms? Of a period? There are no pregnancy symptoms that close to conception if you were. Non that is short of your periods stopping. Everything else takes a few months.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2015, 10:57 AM
    When did you take the test? Morning? Sometime during the day?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2015, 02:10 PM
    How did they determine that you weren't pregnant? If by scan, it may be too early to see anything. It could be you've experienced a very early loss known as a chemical pregnancy. It could be you had a false positive. Digitals are nice, since it states pregnant or not pregnant, but they do sometimes show inaccurate results, even when used correctly. It's not common, but does happen.

If you feel that possible symptoms continue into next week, try another test or see your doctor for a test. If you are indeed pregnant, you will get another positive. If you had an early loss or a faulty test, you should get a negative by that time. Either way should end any confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 home positive pregnancy test. But low blood test. Is that normal? [ 4 Answers ]

I have done 6 home pregnancy test all which are positive. But my blood test was low. Is that normal?

Can a pregnancy test be positive when the control line is blue but then changes [ 1 Answers ]

I took a cvs pharmacy one step pregnancy test and in the control windo I noticed a faint blue line, so I put the pregnancy test unde a ultra violet light and the blue line in the control window changed colors from blue to red, but the result window line stayed blue. So, is that positive pregnancy...

Pregnancy test positive, negative then positive again [ 3 Answers ]

Hi yesterday I was 13 days past ovulation so I took a test and got a very faint positive. I went and bought teo predictor tests and both were positive. I took a clear blue this morning and it was negative. Feeling very deflated I thought I'd take an Asda test and it was positive. Very confused,...

View more questions Search