Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesie1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2015, 12:26 AM
    *female organs* 16 year old girl, need help
    I am a 16 year old girl... I have been having this problem for as long as I can remember. Every so often I will (for about a few days) get this thing. In my clitoris, when I go to pee, it will hurt/feel arousing. I often feel the need to pee even when I don't have to, and I'm not aroused in any way. I don't know what it means, or if it is bad. I assumed it was just some kind of infection thingy that went away with the intake of more water (if that makes sense, because water helps fight infection/bacteria... down there), but I am not sure what to make of this. This only happens every few months or so, definitely not a "schedule-oriented" occurrence. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but I would really appreciate some help. I am kind of scared to talk about it with my mother unless I have to, because she just assumes that anything going on down there is because of sex (which, despite the fact that I am not a virgin, is not the cause because I haven't had sex in a long time and I had this problem LOOONG before I lost my virginity). Could somebody please help me? :/

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2015, 01:43 AM
    Urinary tract infections are very common, and some bodies can fight them and some can't, requiring a doctor to write a prescription for an antibiotic if not. Pain and urge to pee are two symptoms. Your clitoris is above your urethra, but how far above can vary in women, as can the distance to the vagina.

Someone needs to tell your mother that any girl can have conditions 'down there' that have nothing to do with sex, and that person is a doctor talking to both of you.

I wouldn't say that water helps fight infection per se. Water is good for general health, and specifically good for the entire urinary system from kidneys on down. But if your white blood cells etc can't keep up with fighting bacteria, all the water in the world won't be enough. So far, you have fought the bacteria.

Women are also prone to yeast infections of the vagina, treated totally differently. If you are going to be sexually active, or even if you aren't, please do lots of reading about STDs and infections that aren't from sexual contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal if an 18 year old male dates a 16 year old female in Arizona? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is worried that we won't be able to stay together because he is 18 and I am 16 however I can not find any direct answers online can someone please help me I don't want to lose him just because of our age:(

I have a 2 year old male lab and a 2 1/2 year old female pit bull [ 6 Answers ]

I am getting a female lab pup this week, and am wondering the best way to introduce the new pup. The two dogs are friendly I just do not want them to get territorial and hurt the puppy. Is there any advice out there? I will be setting her up in a kennel first to let them check her out in the house...

Is it legal for an 19 year old girl to date a 16 year old girl in Oregon? [ 2 Answers ]

We are both girl's and wanting to know if it is legal to date each other?

Statutory rape consent in winnipeg for a 21 year old female to date a 16 year old boy [ 7 Answers ]

Im am a 16 year old boy going on 17 in a few months, I'm in a relationship with a 20 year old female, her parents and my parents agree with our relationship, can she be charged with statuatory rape?

18 year old female dating a 16 year old female in Virginia [ 9 Answers ]

Im a 18 year old female and my girlfriend is 16 we have been together for 6 months. My birthday is in July and her birthday is in October. Is it OK if we are together?

View more questions Search