Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iseah100 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2015, 10:41 PM
    Is this a rejection?
    I was at a wedding and was talking to this girl and danced with her, she seemed cool, before the wedding was over I asked her if she wanted to go out sometime, like to the movies. She replied with "are you just saying that?" Presumably cause I was drinking, and I said no that I liked her, and she said "sure I'll add you on fb". Then I told her I don't get on there and she should give me her number, and she said "why? Let's try fb first. And then we'll see." Tf bruhs? She told my sister I was really cute, but I guess she broke up with her boyfriend a month or so ago, my sister knows her and says she's awkward. Should I add her on fb or wait for her to add me or just forget about it?

Aug 31, 2015, 11:27 AM
    Bump...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2015, 11:54 AM
    Fb????? I wouldn't sit around waiting on this one. Plus, it sounds like you'd end up as a rebound and place keeper until she found Mr. Perfect.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 31, 2015, 12:30 PM
    If you think she is someone you want to get to know better, why not send her a friend request? She may feel she has more control over Fb contact than she does if she gives out her phone number. Plus, it gives both of you a chance to learn more about each other before committing to a 'date'.

Is she 'cool' enough that you would want to be her friend or are you just looking for a date/relationship?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2015, 01:15 PM
    I'd "visit" on FB just to make a friendly contact, but wouldn't count on dates, and romance so soon. She may need space after her relationship ended. You need a Plan B involving other options for dating, and romance.

Aug 31, 2015, 01:17 PM
    Yea, I think she's cool. I would like to be friends with her, but I think I caught her off guard when I asked her out, she seems awkward, which I like. She did add me the day after, so maybe I should message her just to see how she is... or wait for her to message me?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2015, 01:44 PM
    Doesn't sound like much of a rejection. There's nothing wrong with wanting to initiate contact through something like FB. If she is a bit awkward, it is probably more comfortable for her than the directness of a phone call. Plus with the recent breakup, she may not be quite ready but doesn't want to lose contact with you.

Wait it out.. see if she friends you. If too much time passes (a week or so maybe), then send her a message. Personally, I wouldn't friend her. If she hasn't sent a request after a week, I would probably message her to tease her about making me login to FB every hour on the hour for a week looking for the missing friend request (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by iseah100 View Post
    Yea, I think she's cool. I would like to be friends with her, but I think I caught her off guard when I asked her out, she seems awkward, which I like. She did add me the day after, so maybe I should message her just to see how she is... or wait for her to message me?

Sorry.. just saw your post about her already friending you.

Sounds like she held up to her end of the bargain... the next move is on you. Just be respectful of where she is in her life (recent breakup) so don't be too pushy ;)

Aug 31, 2015, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    Doesn't sound like much of a rejection. There's nothing wrong with wanting to initiate contact through something like FB. If she is a bit awkward, it is probably more comfortable for her than the directness of a phone call. Plus with the recent breakup, she may not be quite ready but doesn't want to lose contact with you.

Wait it out.. see if she friends you. If too much time passes (a week or so maybe), then send her a message. Personally, I wouldn't friend her. If she hasn't sent a request after a week, I would probably message her to tease her about making me login to FB every hour on the hour for a week looking for the missing friend request (or something like that).

Sorry.. just saw your post about her already friending you.

Sounds like she held up to her end of the bargain... the next move is on you. Just be respectful of where she is in her life (recent breakup) so don't be too pushy ;)
    Haha it's cool. That has to be a good sign? I'll message her and just chat it up.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2015, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iseah100 View Post
    Haha it's cool. That has to be a good sign? I'll message her and just chat it up.
    Nice! Gotta love those quirky, awkward ones ;)

Aug 31, 2015, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    Nice! Got to love those quirky, awkward ones ;)
    Got a thing for them haha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rejection ! [ 13 Answers ]

It appears to be left up to the guy to show emotional interest in a girl. Girls do not pursue a guy. This makes it very difficult for a guy to know if the girl likes him, he can be friendly and look for indications of interest or he can ask her out. But if she does not know him, then she will...

Rejection in the relationship [ 10 Answers ]

I don’t know what I should do, I feel like I have tried everything, long story short and I know its seen over and over again on these websites but I need some advice for my issue…my fiancée rejects my affection and isn’t interested in sex with me and seems to prefer doing it himself in front of the...

Automatic Rejection! [ 16 Answers ]

After my past terrible experiences with guys, and I mean it terrible :\.. I feel some kind of rejection towards every guy who tries to become close with me, or likes me.. automatic feeling of rejection… I don't even like to give them the chance to get to know me, I'm terrified and scared that any...

Rejection [ 5 Answers ]

My wife is 60 years old, her insurance rates keep going up and up in spite of the fact that she is in perfect health but for high blood pressure. Her Dr tells her that she has "white coat hypertension" i.e. her blood pressure is elevated only in the Dr's office, it is normal at home. Her mother and...

Rejection [ 2 Answers ]

What happen to our emotion and body when you are rejected?

View more questions Search