Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drjoylee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2015, 02:23 AM
    Uline refrigerator and freezer troubleshooting
    The unit is only 2 1/2 years old. It is running, but not freeing in the bottom and not cooling at the top. Is there a fuse that she be check nand if so where is it?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2015, 10:30 AM
    About the only thing that will cause that is the coils are stopped up with dirt. Get some of the old Easy-Off oven cleaner, the kind that foams and is caustic, take it outside, spray the coils down with water first and then spray the coils down with Easy-Off and let it work. Then wash out the coils until clean. Check the fan to make sure it is working, too. I hope you did not ruin the compressor by running it too long while dirty. I have one and clean it every six months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator Freezer Troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Ice maker does not work. When on it leaks water that turns into icicles

Refrigerator Freezer Troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 253-260721000 that is setting off an alarm with a readout of d zero temp. When the problem started it read CE and temp and it was suggested we replace the electronic control board with the result the CE disappeared but the d with the temp replaced it and the alarm sounded. We have...

Refrigerator and freezer troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

My refrigerator/freezer, I put the freezer temp. knob at the warmest setting and the temp. is still at -20 degrees why could that be.

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. Solution! [ 0 Answers ]

Surprised! Embarrassed! My wife had accidentally covered the return vent under the bottom left drawer. I didn't catch it until much later. Thanks to any who tried to help. Bruce Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct to fridge seems clear. Circulating fan is running. Fridge thermostat fan is holding baffle wide open. Air exiting duct is at about 33 degrees F. Very little air comes through duct if the...

View more questions Search