Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginaestelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2015, 04:16 PM
    When can I expect my period or a positive
    I started my last cycle July 26. I'm a Sunday pill starter and started the new pack on August 2nd. Misplaced them and quit taking them on August 5th. Had some bleeding August 10th for around 4 days.
    During this time, I had unprotected sex 2-3 times a week. When should I expect my period. Pregnancy tests have been negative.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 27, 2015, 04:55 PM
    Your period will be off because you stopped the pill abruptly. No way to know when you'll get your next period, your body has been thrown out of wack.

I'd wait at least another month, and if no period I'd take a test then, using first morning urine. If that test is negative then wait another 2 weeks an test again. If that test is negative, see your doctor for a blood test.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 28, 2015, 07:09 AM
    What Alty said is absolutely perfect!

My two cents.

If you're on birthcontrol and you misplace your package of pills and have to stop mid cycle then you will need to use a secondary form of birth control, preferably a barrier like a condom, until you've been back on hormonal birthcontrol for at least a month. There is a bit of a paradox with hormonal birth control. Once you're off it there is no tell when you will start ovulating again. It could be that month or it could be several months. My wife was the next month, we were trying for children, she went off, and that month we got pregnant. This happened with both our kids. There are others who will take several months to get things back on track.

Moving forward, and once you get your pregnancy state figured out, get your birth control figured out. If you're not wanting children at this point then invest in some condoms or another form of birth control until you've been on the pill for more then a month. I would also review how you're taking your pill, i.e. make sure the packet is in the same place so you can take the pill at the same time everyday.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How should I know when to expect my period? [ 3 Answers ]

I was suppose to go back to take depo in January and just had a period last month for the first time. After the first period I have another off and on all month. It was basically a half a day period. It stopped at end of month and I haven't started one yet this month. How should I know when to...

Period twice in one month, when do I expect it again? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really scared I might be pregnant. Lately I've had my periods at the very early beginning of the month. But I had it beginningt of January, and then again at the end of January. I've had sex in between and after these times, and now it's the middle of February and nothing.I've had thick, white...

I got my period on the 19 December 2011 when can I expect my period. [ 0 Answers ]

Today I have period pains but nothing has appeared yet could it be my date

When to expect period after delay? [ 0 Answers ]

My last periods started on 4th Feb ended 6th feb. is there cause of worrying to be pregnant?

When I should I expect a normal period after a lap and d and c? [ 9 Answers ]

When should I expect a normal period after having a laposcopry and d and c to drain an ovarian cyst? I had my surgery oct 6 2009. I had very light bleeding oct 11-18. I am not sure if this was a period or just bleeding from surgery? I have not had a period since. We have been having unprotected...

View more questions Search