Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julialeescott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2015, 12:30 PM
    Am I pregnant? Birth control?
    Hi. I've been on birth control for a month and a half now but did not know to start the inactive pills when I start my menstrual cycle. So I just started at any time. I had sex on the Saturday and only took the pill the Sunday afternoon which means I am 10 hours late to realise I missed an inactive pill and took that then, then decided I should probably also take the active pill which was four hours later. My boyfriend says he doesn't pre each late or that is what his doctor told him but still am worried I could be pregnant? Please help. What do I do. It is now the Monday night. Thank you
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2015, 01:51 PM
    The inactive pills do not contain hormones, they are basically to help you stay on track with taking a pill every day, and to allow for a period. So missing those will not increase the chance of pregnancy. While no birth control will be 100% effective, if you have been taking the active pills regularly, (some brands/types require a month of use, others a week to be considered effective on their own), odds are low that you will become pregnant.

With not having pre-ejaculate, it drops the possibility down even more, however, that will have no bearing when he does actually ejaculate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be pregnant while on Birth Control?! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay Well I was on the birth control Mirena but decided to switch to Nexplanon. I got them switched on the same day so there was so time in-between. My doctor told me to be careful while having intercourse wear protection for the next two weeks but said she doubted I would be able to get pregnant....

Pregnant Vs. Birth Control [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I started taking birth control about 3 1/2 years ago. I started on the pill and switched to the Depo shot, and then switched back to the pill 5 months ago. Through this whole switching process, I never had any side effects. I've missed a few days taking my pills this month and last month and 5...

Could I be pregnant or could it be my birth control? [ 3 Answers ]

I stopped taking my birth control the 15th or 16th of February, but I took it most the time when on it. I had unprotected sex the 17th through the 20th, he ejaculated in me each time, and that was multiple times. I didn't go back on my birth control because I was seeing if I'd get my period and I...

Pregnant on birth control? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you really get pregnant when you are taking birth control, always at the same time every day? I've heard so many different answers, I don't know what to believe. That is the only form of contraception that my boyfriend and I use so I just want to know that it will work. Please help!

View more questions Search