Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebbooks Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2015, 02:39 PM
    Reverse Oil on glass painting by Artist from Peoples Republic of China
    Hi,

My username is REBBOOKS and I'm new here. You can call me Bob B. I have a lot of questions but the one I am interested in most is as follows:

I have a reverse oil on glass painting with a tag on the back that has a serial number/letter A1004A and it says that it was produced by the Peoples Republic of China. The painting has a chop that looks like it could belong to someone that has a lot of credentials to their name. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if those serial numbers can be traced to a list that someone keeps that might have the name of the artist and what the name and date of the picture is? Or, if anyone can tell me if there is a site that has a list of artist chops. I read on the internet that if an item says it was made by the Peoples Republic of China that it was probably made in the 1970's but that's as far as I got. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bob B
    Attached Images

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 03:29 PM
    You might want to check here at this link for alittle more information. We do have a resident here on AMHD that may be able to read the writing on your painting and give you more clues.

Chinese Reverse Painting on Glass, ca. 1860 | Roadshow Archive | PBS
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2015, 03:39 PM
    People's Republic came into being in 1949.

Aug 20, 2015, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    You might want to check here at this link for alittle more information. We do have a resident here on AMHD that may be able to read the writing on your painting and give you more clues.

Chinese Reverse Painting on Glass, ca. 1860 | Roadshow Archive | PBS
    Thanks everyone for the really quick info. I wish I could be of help to someone else but I think I'll be the one submitting questions mostly.

Bob B
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 21, 2015, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbooks View Post
    Thanks everyone for the really quick info. I wish I could be of help to someone else but I think I'll be the one submitting questions mostly.

Bob B
    Your very welcome. It is ok to ask questions because that is what we are about. I cant say that we know everything but we have a solid crew here to answer in a variety of areas.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2015, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbooks View Post

Bob B
    Bob, I bet you have some strengths that could benefit people. Look over all the categories and sub categories (All Topics) to see if you have expertise in any of those areas. We have people on here from as far away as China.

Aug 21, 2015, 02:39 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. I collect book so maybe I can contribute in that category.

Bob B

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Oil painting artist [ 0 Answers ]

I have an oil painting signed by "conyer5" or it could be "conyers" and it has a fish sign above it. Wanting name of artist.

OIL Painting Artist [ 0 Answers ]

I have and oil painting by Casari. On the back is a typed paper saying he was born in Naples Italy in 1924 and received his training at Terre Del Greco in Naples. This painting was acquired by a Canadian service man in 1944-45 while stationed in Italy. It is of a clock maker sitting on a small...

Do you know anything about this oil painting artist? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for an oil painting named Hilda Clegg. I have an oil painting with 13 red roses that was painted around 1979. Help?

Help me identify this artist name and oil painting-photo of painting and name [ 0 Answers ]

I am going to try to get photo of artist name and photo of oil painting. I cannot read the name of artist and hoping that someone out there can help me. The colors are beautiful, and the painting measures approx 27" x 38 1/2". Thanks!!

Identify Painting Name and Artist - Oil Painting - Rabbi with shtreimel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am looking to identify the Artist's name and Painting name of this Rabbi with a shtreimel (fur rimmed cap) Is is in oil, was framed in the 70's in Winnipeg, MB. Canada. Was told a tale that the Painter was Polish in origin, and went blind, this being his last painting. Photos we...

View more questions Search