Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almostaustralia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2015, 10:22 AM
    Almost australian
    Few years ago I lost my Australian passport ,my citizenship certificate , all my photo IDs , been trying to obtain new ID but hopes have perished , have still current medicare and bank cards , after nearly 20 years in OZ , which I call the only home for me , can not obtain a foto ID ,please tell me what`s the solution , ps :i bet I already tried what you going to tell me to do ,but the doors already shut on my face!! Born overseas with a muslim name , I have no relatives here in this land ,except the data in the system which my name do existe ,inc ( centrelink , immigration (refuse to give me a copy of my ctznshp certf) medicare ,ato (been paying my share of taxes every year since and doing my tax return as well ) am not asking you to be a magician ,but am I just asking , how to obtain my right to have a photo ID , so I can prove my existence as a proud as I feel as AUSTRALIAN
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2015, 10:35 AM
    Nobody is going to hand you an ID just on your word that you are who you claim you are. Not in Australia, not in the USA, Not in Canada and not in most of the world.

Why? Because there are a lot of dishonest people who commonly try to do that when committing identity theft. Not to mention terrorists and other illegals who try to assume the identity of another. Getting someone else's ID is a gateway to getting others and therefore why they require so much proof.

You will have to start with getting original copies of your birth certificate from where you were born... and every other one from outside Australia.

You may be exactly who you claim you are... the problem is nobody else knows it... and you have to provide proof before they will believe you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Australian TV Series [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a TV series I saw years ago - I think it is an Australian version of Cold Case, but it may just be a detective series. He has a disabled daughter, who in one episode comes second in a backgammon championship on purpose, as the prize for second place is better than the...

Australian PR [ 1 Answers ]

We are in Indian Citizens. Currently we are in USA in H1/H4 visa. We are in the final stage of Australian PR. We applied for Australian PR from USA. Now, if the PR is granted, and in the mean time, if we move to India, can we get the PR stamped from India? Or should we stay in USA till we get our...

Australian movie? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie in the 80's about some school kids and their school was taken over by some criminals. Eventually the kids trap the criminals in a cave or something and killed them. I can't remember the name of that film but if anyone knows I would appreciate the info. Chris

Best Australian University [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Can any one tell me which Australian university is ranked best in the field of Telecommunication.

View more questions Search