Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsharma1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2015, 02:33 PM
    L1B extension and H1B
    I-94 expires 08/22. L1B extension paperwork sent. No receipt yet. Will working post 08/23 pose risks to H1B stamping in Sep end?

Deatils: The plan is to work from 08/23 - 09/23 in USA. Then travel to India, get H1B stamping and travel back on 10/05 on H1B. However, since L1B Extension paperwork was sent to USCIS on 08/14 and Receit number is not available yet, so wondering: 1) After 8/23, Will I be out of status till receipt number does not come in? 2) What risks this carries for H1B stamping in India during September end?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Aug 20, 2015, 05:48 AM
    You should have the receipt for the extension by then, that would allow you the automatic work authorization for timely filed extensions.

If not, see if you have evidence that the case was delivered (USPS certified mail, FedEx). If you don't have that, you should not work beyond the I-94 expiration date.

Consult with the company immigration attorney to confirm. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to transfer L1B to H1B when my L1B got expired? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have only valid I-94 and my L1B VISA got expired Is it possible to apply H1B?

L1b to h1b [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am working on employer A on L1B visa and now applied for h1b and waiting for a approval notice. Next week my employer A is planning to cancel the l1b. But I have valid I-94 until next year. So is it legal to stay with I-94 even though l1b is cancelled..

L1b to H1b [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently residing in US from last 1.5 yrs on L1b from Company A. Company B is going to apply for a H1b for me this year. Here I have a few doubts- 1.) As I am already in US, should Company B apply for a change of status from L1b to H1b or a regular H1b or will it be...

View more questions Search