Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alba322 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2015, 11:36 AM
    Used my confidential reference to recruit more candidates instead of to hire me
    I recently had an interview for a contract position. I provided a reference for an organization that I currently do contract work for. It appears that they have decided not to hire me but instead contacted my reference to recruit more candidates for the job I applied for (the organizations have many similar programs). I am fine with not being hired but I feel that depending on what was said, that this may compromise my current work and may be damaging to my career at my current job. I feel this is unprofessional and unethical. Am I wrong?

More background - I was planning on keeping my current job and taking on the new job as well. The schedules do not conflict.
    I know that the recuitment email when out as I was copied on it as I am part of that group. It had the name of the person who interviewed me in as well as the name of the person I submitted as my reference so I know for sure they have talked.

What should I do? I love my work and this in an important part time job for me. It does not pay well but is meaningful to me as it in a field that I am passionate about.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2015, 11:54 AM
    Its neither unprofessional or unethical. It's the risk one takes when job seeking while currently employed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2015, 02:50 AM
    This happens, more in some fields than others. I have even seen them hire one person, get him to help hire his friends, and then let him go. Even hire someone, milk him for contacts and information on other companies and fire them.

Welcome to the real world, issues of unethical, fair and the such really does not matter to many companies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking companies that hire ex felons intent to hire letters for cdl training [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in the process of obtaining a grant for CDL training. I need to find two Trucking companies that will give an ex felon intent to hire letters, so I can get the grant to start my training. I have one intent to hire now, but need two more.

Recruit Sustainment Program For the National Guard [ 4 Answers ]

I have not been enlisted for very long in the Ohio Army National Guard and am in Recruit Sustainment Program. I need to get out of going my girlfriend has became pregnet and I don't want to leave her so she has a better chance of finishing High School if I am around. I've heard that since I haven't...

View more questions Search