Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    195needhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2015, 10:42 AM
    What type of I steel beams do I use
    I am having my basement finished. I currently have 9.5 by 5.5 supports. There are 4 lolli columns in between every 6 feet to support that. The room is 25by 25. I have a kitchen above that and above the kitchen is a large deck. What size I beams do I use... size and pounds per square foot.

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting plumbing in a basement with steel I beams [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house that was built with steel I beam supports in the basement. I want to change the bathroom in the basement as well as move the laundry room to the 1st floor. How do I change the plumbing when there are steel I beams every 16 inches?

Comparing 2 type of steel [ 0 Answers ]

To whom I may concern; I'd like to know which one is more sturdy? And by how many %? 1)CK55 - DIN 17200 steel 2)4140 carbon steel Regards Thank you very much

Removing a basement post and reinforcing steel I-beam with glulam beams [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to remove a post partially supporting a 6x10 steel I-beam in the narrowest (14' 8") part of my basement to allow the placement of a large tablesaw. This post is 12' from terminating at the foundation and 12' from the next 3" steel post. There is no bearing wall above this post, just a...

What type of exterior door is better - fiberglass or steel? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in southwest BC and are getting some exterior doors replaced. Are fiberglass ones or steel doors better?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.