Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard cowin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2015, 03:40 PM
    Grantor and Grantee on a mineral deed
    If there are multiple grantors on a mineral deed and one grantee, can the grantee be one of the grantors
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 05:57 PM
    The grantee gives the property to the grantor, the grantee can give something to anyone including himself, so yes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2015, 05:37 AM
    Yes, it is a transfer of ownership. When ownership is transferred all the owners need to grant ownership to another party or parties. One or more of the owners can be one of those parties.

A, B, C, D and E inherited property from their parent. A and E decide to buy out B, C & D. So all 5 need to grant ownership to A & E. Or, in your case, just one party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grantee vs grantor [ 0 Answers ]

If a judgment is involved and it is the plaintiff who received the judgment against defendants, who is the grantee and who is the grantor?

Grantor vs grantee [ 6 Answers ]

I have been separated for three years & have had a hard time getting a divorce. Am I entitled to any of the inheritance his father left him when he died 6 weeks ago?

Grantor = Grantee on Quitclaim Deed? Name Change Only [ 3 Answers ]

When my divorce was finalized in 2006, my lawyer used a quitclaim deed to transfer a condo-property that was owned jointly between my husband and I into my name solely. It was a fairly simple process, and the deed was indeed changed into my name with no issue. However, since then, I have resumed...

Grantee vs Grantor [ 1 Answers ]

Why would someone-in this case a husband/grantor have a warranty deed drawn to grantee and in this case being himself again and his wife together. Also the city records show the purchase price way under the property value. This warranty deed says 25k and 4 years earlier sale was 79k?

View more questions Search