Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acmr04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Contempt order about child support
    [F]I'm trying to get as much advise as possible because I don't know what to do. I had a contemp order against my ex-husband, because he wasn't paying his court ordered child support. The ruling on this was that we would drop the contempt order if he would pay every month, on time and in the full amount for a year. That year was up last month, and within that year he payed maybe 4 months worth and not even the full amount. He hasn't payed anything for the last six months. If I take him back to court for the follow up on his contempt order, more than likely he would go to jail. I don't know if I want to do that though. If he goes to jail, I still wont get my child support. It would probably just piss him off and in spite wouldn't pay anyway. On the other hand, if I don't take him in, it would just be a joke cause once again he's gotten away with it. What do you guys think?
    grandhaiku Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by acmr04
    [F]I'm trying to get as much advise as possible because I don't know what to do. I had a contemp order against my ex-husband, because he wasn't paying his court ordered child support. The ruling on this was that we would drop the contempt order if he would pay every month, on time and in the full amount for a year. That year was up last month, and within that year he payed maybe 4 months worth and not even the full amount. He hasn't payed anything for the last six months. If I take him back to court for the follow up on his contempt order, more than likely he would go to jail. I don't know if I want to do that though. If he goes to jail, I still wont get my child support. It would probably just piss him off and in spite wouldn't pay anyway. On the other hand, if I don't take him in, it would just be a joke cause once again he's gotten away with it. What do you guys think?
    He's counting on you not to take him back to court. You should have taken him back to court for contempt the first missed payment. If he has temper problems or a violent nature, I would get a restraining order also. You're not getting your Child Support anyway. Not sure where you live, but in California, child support is usually taken directly out of a person's paycheck and distributed by the County, so they can keep track of payments.
    acmr04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grandhaiku
    He's counting on you not to take him back to court. You should have taken him back to court for contempt the first missed payment. If he has temper problems or a violent nature, I would get a restraining order also. You're not getting your Child Support anyway. Not sure where you live, but in California, child support is usually taken directly out of a person's paycheck and distributed by the County, so they can keep track of payments.
    I can't take it directly out of his check cause he is self employed. He hasn't even filed his taxes in over 7 years. Thanks for your reply! :o
    davidlane Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 12:29 AM

Where is this case now, what has been done since 07?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlane View Post
    Where is this case now, what has been done since 07?

OP has not been back since April 2007.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

No child support in year don't want ex to be involved with child. [ 3 Answers ]

My ex has not paid any child support in 1 year. I did not take him to court. I really don't want him to be involved with the child because he has uncontroled mental illness. What rights does he have? My new husband wants to adupt him well that be possible and how? Do I have any rights that well...

2 county's want child support for same child [ 1 Answers ]

In California, can two separate counties each make Someone pay for shild support at the same time? That's a double order for the same amount for the same child.

Changing Child Support Order [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for anyone who knows how to go about getting an Order of Support changed / modified. I am in the state of Arizona and have been divorced for 7 years. I have sole custody and he has NEVER reported any increase in pay. I would like to know how to find out what he is making (because he...

View more questions Search