Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magfrizz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2015, 09:55 AM
    Reasons of not leaving the UK
    can i get a solicitor to help my case of not leaving the UK?

Original post:
    I received a letter from the home office to leave the UK and I do not want as I have stayed in the UK for 4 years. So I went to see a solicitor to help me and I was being told to give reasons to stay in the UK. So the question is what reasons I should write or give to the home office that would help me stay in the country?
    {Mod note} Editing your post is against out rules, the original post made sense. the edited post did not.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2015, 10:05 AM
    If you left you would miss Queen E's 140th year reign celebration?

Wimbledon?

Bangers and mash?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Magfrizz View Post
    I received a letter from the home office to leave the UK and I do not want as I have stayed in the UK for 4 years. So I went to see a solicitor to help me and I was being told to give reasons to stay in the UK. So the question is what reasons I should write or give to the home office that would help me stay in the country?
    How would we know this. It is your life.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2015, 10:36 AM
    Tell them you developed a taste for Jellied eel, warm beer and mushy peas.
    Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Tell them you developed a taste for warm beer and mushy peas. And Jellied Eel.
    Devonshire cream

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with mashed potatoes

Bangers and mash
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 08:37 PM
    First what type of visa are you on. Why would they ask you to leave, did they give a reason, and have you talked to them.

Your legal adviser should know, if they are experienced in immigration to the reasons that the immigration want to hear. So what reasons did they say.

You explain your family relationships (if any) spouse, friends. You explain your work and how you are a productive member of society.
    Show how you have purchased property (if you have) and so on.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2015, 06:43 AM
    Apparently we have another NooB that thinks is acceptable to change their posts... look at Tickles post #3 where they were quoted earlier saying something different.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 15, 2015, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Apparently we have another NooB that thinks is acceptable to change their posts... look at Tickles post #3 where they were quoted earlier saying something different.
    And it thus appears that OP first wrote "can i get a solicitor to help ...". But now it reads that OP went to see a solicitor. In any case, OP should be aware that this site is not the right place to find a lawyer (i.e. a solicitor, in the UK) to retain. As a matter of fact, I believe we are prohibited from making personal contacts with potential clients on this site.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2015, 09:15 AM
    As well as those conditions and stipulations, as I read in their ORIGINAL post... "I received a letter from the home office to leave the UK and I do not want as I have stayed in the UK for 4 years." Tells me its their employer whom sent them to the UK temporarily to work for them wants them to return. Making it a very different situation. Not at all familiar with the UK on this, but it sounds strikingly similar to a H1B VISA holder in the USA that decides they want to stay... where that is not transferrable.

Their current situation and status could have a significant impact on what options are available to them.
    Misshome Posts: 33, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 15, 2015, 01:45 PM
    It is a very good reason to stay in UK.. always something you can do.. besides drinking English Tea with Biscuit.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 15, 2015, 02:30 PM
    For my American friends.
    The Home Office is the equivalent to your State Department.
    This sounds more like a visa over stay situation or failure to obtain leave to remain, as the Home Office doesn't simply ask someone to leave without just cause.
    Deportation is normally the next step, unless there are concrete and compelling reasons to remain.
    Expert

Aug 15, 2015, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    For my American friends.
    This sounds more like a visa over stay situation or failure to obtain leave to remain, as the Home Office doesn't simply ask someone to leave without just cause.
    Deportation is normally the next step, unless there are concrete and compelling reasons to remain.
    I am so glad CB you clarified. Now onward...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2015, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    For my American friends.
    I thought that the Foreign Office was equivalent to State and that the Home Office dealt with internal issues. But yes, I assumed this was an Immigration issue (which is why I moved it from Family Law).
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 15, 2015, 03:31 PM
    Yes, you are indeed correct there Scott.
    I wasn't too sure of the US version, I guess Homeland Security, maybe...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reasons of a male-cat leaving home for days [ 1 Answers ]

Our cat, an 6 years old male, just came back after 6 days missing. We all been so happy to see him.. We just wonder: why he would leave home for so long? He is neutered from little age He is mostly an outdoor cat, having his "nest" on our coridor from where he can always go out whenever he...

PA position-Need excuse for leaving job- Job started in June 08-leaving for Europe in [ 2 Answers ]

Leave my job as PA probably returning to job after I come back from my trip to Greece. After graduation I was looking for a job. After two months my best friend she found for me a job as a Personal Assistant. My boss ( an writer who works at home) during the interview told me that he was...

Name Reasons. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok serious replies only. Name Reasons and only reasons the ex would try to make you jealous.

Is there any reasons [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any reasons a new collar worker would not want the same benefits and clout that blue collar workers were able to get by unionizing?

View more questions Search