Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiek13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2015, 06:54 AM
    Free Ask a Obgyn for teens
    Hello, Im 16 and I just had sex last night for the first time. My partner and I used protection of course but the condom broke before he could ejaculate and had to finish outside of my body. Since it was my first time and I got scared we immediately went and got Plan B. I took the pill about 10-15 minutes after we had sexual intercourse. I just finished my period the yesterday (the morning of) and I don't know if that slims the chances of getting pregnant alongside taking the pill. I was wondering if you could insure me in any way that I won't get pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 07:09 AM
    The chance is slim, but of course there is a chance, No form of protection is 100 percent. Plan B is not 100 percent. So you will have to wait till next month to see if you get the period or not.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 07:12 AM
    Considering when you took the plan B, I think you're okay. You shouldn't become pregnant. Though please not that no birthcontrol is 100% there is still a chance, an absolutely tiny chance, but a chance none the less. That being said your chance is EXTREMELY low.

There are a couple things you should know and knowing them now will prevent a freak out. The plan B will seriously muck around with your system and cycle you might get a mid-cycle period or your next period might be early or late. It is a huge does of hormones into your system. Second, I would use this time to talk to your doctor about birthcontrol and maybe get on hormonal or find a birthcontrol method that works for you. Condoms are good but they've also got a higher failure rate. Using a condom with a hormonal birthcontrol would probably be ideal.

If your period is late by two weeks, would be in September now, then you should take a pregnancy test. I would suggest refraining from sexual intercourse until this is figured out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free free obgyn chat online no sign up [ 1 Answers ]

If a girl has started birth control, and has had sex within that first month, and its time for her period but she's only spotting very lightly, what could this mean?

Ask Obgyn for Free [ 0 Answers ]

okay so I am expierencing pain and discomfort in my pelvic area. It persisted for a couple days so I went to see a obgyn. He did a routine exam and felt around. He determined that the pain I was feeling was coming from my uderus. He said it felt agitated and that it was probably an infection and...

Ask the obgyn for free? [ 3 Answers ]

I have my tubs tied for 2 years and I wondering if I could get pergant with my tubs tied? I know a few women this has happened to.

Ask an obgyn free? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so Im a catholic so I don't eat meat during lent and My last period was March third and I still haven't started I have taken Two pregnancy test. Both were negetive so can the change in diet make me late?

View more questions Search