Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathygirl76 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2015, 07:13 PM
    I can't get my side Aerial!
    : I am a self thaught gymnast and I've been practicing my aerial for about 7 months I just can't get it! I can do it on the trampoline without jumping super easily maybe even too easy. When I try to preform the skill on the ground, I put my hands down. I try so hard I tried for a hour today I just can't do it. Any tips? When I do the skill, I take 3 to 5 steps and I hurtle I swing my arms back but half way though the aerial. My hands seem to find a way to get on the ground. Its so annoying! Is there anyway I can get this skill in a week? My ad my friends are preforming a dance and I want to make it more impressive by doing a aerial. The dance is just fir fun at my cousins birthday party by the way. <edited for privacy/site rules>. And I also think it might be fear and if it is, how do I get over it. And can you explain step by step on how to do it. Thank you
    Lonelygymnast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2016, 01:02 PM
    I know this is a few months old and you probably already went to the party but if you want to get your side aerial you first need to:
    1. Get a good running space and maybe a soft landing
    2. Run fast and hard
    3. Hurdle with one arm up (your dominant arm- the one you write with)
    4. Keep your chest up when going into the aerial and kick your legs over fast
    5. Don't forget to set high (jump high)
    Land with one foot and then the other

Hope this helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I hang up aerial silk? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get aerial fabric but I don't know where to hang it. I don't have a tree outside and I don't know if you can hang aerial silk inside so If you have any ideas please help me out! Thanks!

Can I set up aerial silks outside? [ 9 Answers ]

Sooooo at my dance studio I am taking aerial silk classes, and there is only one class a week. But I love it so much, once a week is NOT enough lol I have thought about ordering silk online, but my ceilings aren't high enough to hang the silk from So I was thinking maybe I could hang them from a...

Aerial silks 100$? [ 0 Answers ]

Can I have aerial silks for 100 dollars on the internet?

#8 aerial triplex wires [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a #8 AWG aluminum aerial triplex wire?

View more questions Search