Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hscornelia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2015, 01:34 AM
    Is Word Smart good for preparing the TOEFL test?
    Hello, I am a student willing to pass the TOEFL test next year, maybe in the spring or summer.

And in order to prepare for the upcoming test, I have bought Word Smart 1 for my vocabulary.
    I know that the book is more orientated for students preparing the SAT, and therefore, more difficult, but since I am willing to pass the SAT maybe 2 years later, after I have passed the TOEFL, I bought it nonetheless.

But now I am worried that I haven't got the right book, and am thinking of buying another one (for vocabulary) for the TOEFL.

So I would be more than thankful if you would please tell me whether I could use Word Smart for preparing the TOEFL, and if not, what is the best book you have used, and got fairly good results thanks to it.

And also, I am hesitating to buy Barron's TOEFL iBT superpack, because it is too expensive for me. So I would very much like if you could give me some true reviews about this book, and whether the books that I have and will will/might buy is enough for the TOEFL.

And just in case, I would like to inform you that I am buying ETS' The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test.

Thank you in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2015, 01:46 AM
    While it is a good book, you need to buy one of the TOEFL books. Also even private tutoring if you can. The test is very difficult. I teach it and depending on what level grade you need it can be quite hard.
    hscornelia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2015, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    While it is a good book, you need to buy one of the TOEFL books. Also even private tutoring if you can. The test is very difficult. I teach it and depending on what level grade you need it can be quite hard.
    Thank you for your quick answer.

As you have offered, I will try and buy the superpack since there is a book for vocabulary included.

But do you know any other books that can be helpful?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some smart answers. And good ones. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I have dated this guy for about 4 years. It's always been long distance but we have tried to make it work. We recently took a break because all he does is work... and we still act like we are dating. Anyway... I am supposed to drive up and stay the night with him later tonight and we haven't...

View more questions Search