Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hope7096 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2015, 11:43 PM
    My niece lives with her Gparents per mom.G.father is a child molester. Is that legal?
    My sister in law is allowing her daughter to live with the man who molested her (sister in law) as a child through teenager in the same trailer park as her own (my sister in law's) brother who is a convicted child molester also. I feel like this is endangerment to her daughter and neglet also. Her younger daughters reside with their father and are indeed safe but what action can I take to protect my 14 year old niece from her own child molester grandfather, considering her mom put her there?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2015, 12:55 AM
    First off, when using the legal forums, you question needs to include your location, as laws will vary. There are a lot of details that are unclear from your question. Does the child live with the accused or just in the same community? What are the conditions of his release and registration, if any? Has there been a conviction? Is he on the sex offender registry, or is the abuse just known within the family? If they simply live in the same area and he was never tried/convicted, I don't see a whole lot that can be done.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2015, 02:16 AM
    Grandfather or uncle? Not that it matters legally.

Was there a conviction?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2015, 05:17 AM
    Was there a police report of the molesting, was there a conviction? Is the man a registered sex offender (depending on what country)

If there is proof of this abuse, and depending on where this is, you notify Children's services

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have legal custody of my niece's child and she gets them back [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know what the chance are my niece can get her children back if the court has given my husband and myself full and phyical custody we have had them a year now .

Step father dies/ mom lives no name on deed [ 1 Answers ]

My s-father died in March /12. Now there is no name on the deed to the house my mom still lives there but my s-brother is trying to lay claim to everything. What is - legal here Sure there were problems in the marriage and it seems all copies of the wills prepared have been malipulated , changed...

Can my father go to jail because my mom is in the hospital and he lives with us? [ 1 Answers ]

My mom is in the hospital and my sister and I want to stay with our mom but we are worried because we think that he can go to jail for that I need an answer please

How can I add father's name in my child birth certificate if father lives abroad [ 3 Answers ]

The father lives out of EC and needs visa to UK. He involves inmy son lives an financially support him

Is it legal for a mother to claim taxes when child lives with father [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine has had custody of his son for two years and each tax year he tries to claim son it says the mother already has. How does he fix this and can he get refunded?

View more questions Search