Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reynoldsk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2015, 10:07 AM
    Price pfister stem, should the handle be open or closed when reinstalling the stem?
    Should handle be in open or closed position when reinstalling a price pfister shower handle stem?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 8, 2015, 10:32 AM
    See this web site.
    Install with stem in the open position. If you install with the stem in the closed position you don't know if the resistance you feel when installing the valve, is from the valve seating in the body of the faucet, or the stem and washer pressing against the seat.

Name:  pp_three_handle.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  188.5 KB
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 8, 2015, 03:06 PM
    Yep, full agree. Install in the closed position and you will frequently get leaks and/or dribbles

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing the Stem from the shower handle [ 1 Answers ]

Model # A11.18.1M-Moen Do I need a special tool to remove it, to replace worn o rings?

Replace three-handle shower diverter stem [ 3 Answers ]

Do you have a diagram or schematic of the diverter stem for a three-handle shower? I removed the diverter stem OK, but I can't figure out which piece needs replacement.

Handle does not grip on stem valve [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1950's shower set-up, with separate hot and cold valves for the tub and shower. The stem valve is stripped at the point where the handle connects; I can't find a replacement stem valve that fits the plumbing; and I don't want to completely tear apart the tile behind to rebuild the whole...

Single price pfister stem valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Single turn knob for my shower made By Price Pfister. The valve needs replacing. Removing the knob and un-screwing the metal Circular cylinder, I’m left with the stem valve. From the front, It is circular with two tabs, one On top and bottom. With a screw driver from the Back tabs,...

View more questions Search