Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    advicecritic Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 09:42 AM
    My Future mother-in-Laws attire!
    I am getting married in September, and my Bridesmaids dresses are apple red,My Mother will more than likely wear a champagne color, But my future mother-in-law, will just not corporate with me. So what colors do you think would look good with Apple red dresses for Mother of the groom? I would like for her to wear some sort of a brown or Burnt orange, But she says that she doesn't look well in those colors. I am trying to make us both happy ,but it doesn't seem to be working. If she was not getting pictures with us , than none of this would matter. SHe wants to wear a green dress , or something that has got floral print on it , with all kinds of colors, ( Just not good for a wedding). HELP , please give me your advice..
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Okay... there are a couple things here we'll probably need to know.

First... what colors are you asking your mother-in-law to wear, and why is she declining? Some people (like me) do NOT look good in red or champagne, and asking them to wear something unflattering is not very nice of you.

Second.. why does she need to match? Will you be having pictures with all of your families in with your wedding party? We did family pictures separate than wedding party pictures.

What color is she wanting to wear?

I would say that there are shades of every color that could be made to match, though obviously some are better than others.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Apr 13, 2007, 10:02 AM
    WHO CARES what colour she wears, let her wear whatever colour she wants, in the end all eyes are going to be on you. You can't tell somebody what to wear, especially a mother in law.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Honey, if all you have to worry about is the color of your MIL's dress - you are in pretty good shape. Any color she wears would be fine - as long as it's not white or red. Green would be fine. Even a floral. What about a mint green?

*My mother-in-law wore black to our wedding.* yes, we like each other. She looked beautiful!

Don't sweat the small stuff. And you should learn now - you can't control your in-laws!
    advicecritic Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Ok People I know that I have seen about 70 people look at this , so why don't somebody write something.
    krittengirl Posts: 63, Reputation: 14

Apr 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
    It isn't the brides place, or good manners to order the mother in law (or her mother for that matter) to wear certain color. Usually the grandparents, and brothers and sisters of the bride and groom participate in the wedding as well. Are you telling them what they must wear as well? Let her wear green if she wants (apples do have leaves don't they?) or trust her to pick a print she feels comfortable with. Both my mother and my mother in law wore floral prints (that I would have never chosen, but look right on them) and my pictures look just fine.
    You are going to have your mother in law throughout your marriage. Don't start it off on the wrong foot for something so trivial.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
    It would never have occurred to me to worry what color my mother-in-law's dress was. Green compliments red - so that isn't a problem. Why do you think she is not cooperating with you? A wedding should be a time to celebrate coming together, not making enemies.
    richcali Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Apr 24, 2007, 01:11 PM
    I work with photoshop and have manipulated many pictures over the last 6 years and its possible to change the color of her dress to what ever you like with out messing up any of the rest of the picture so let her wear what she wants if it looks terrible then have someone fix it in photoshop. I have done this before and it works fine and I enlarge them to 13 X 19 with no problems and no one can tell the difference. Ask your photographer how much they would charge to fix it as most Professional photographers use this program or one similar. The charge should be less than $100 as it takes less than 30 minutes to fix.
    My sister in law had the worst new mother in law who wore a white dress to her sons wedding it cost more than the brides dress I thought it to be very rude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother in law wedding attire [ 8 Answers ]

My son is getting married and his fiancé just informed me that she wants her mother and myself to wear either an off chapagne or red mother in law suit. First of all, I have red hair and fair skin so neither of these colors will look good on me. In fact, they make me look awful. Secondly, I was...

Wedding attire [ 3 Answers ]

Is navy blue OK for Mother of the Groom for an afternoon wedding?. (bridesmaids are wearing clover green and MOB is wearing silver satin). My son, the groom, is in the army and is wearing a navy blue uniform.

Future mother in-law [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys Just after some help, advice, comments... etc, thanks. My future mother in-law has said some really nasty things about me to my boyfriend, and she deliberately tried to split us up. My boyfriend didn't listen to her and told her she was wrong, but she still tried to talk him into...

SemiFormal Attire... is my dress appropriate? [ 2 Answers ]

So I have to go to my boyfriends christmas party (yea I know that it is early to think about it but id like to get it over with). I figured that I would just wear my mothers tahari dress (thrift shop, $38). It is a long black dress to the ground, sleeveless with a low v neck and 5 or 6 jewels down...

View more questions Search