Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2015, 02:01 PM
    Windows 7 Question
    What causes my computer to be so slow when closing a website or trying to access a website, etc. I am getting the little circle that just spins and spins and sometimes NEVER closes and I have to shut everything off by way of the power button. Am running Windows 7, high speed internet, I clean cookies out almost daily and have almost nothing in MY Documents. Any advice. Thank You.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 3, 2015, 02:07 PM
    Is your disk drive getting full? Is your browser set to erase cookies on exit? When is the last time you did a defrag? What program are you using to erase the cookies?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Aug 3, 2015, 04:22 PM
    Have you installed anything recently that may have put a tool bar in your browser? Even freeware and shareware can be tricky. Express install (recommended) NO, custom Install YES, if not you might miss it. Always choose custom when given the choice, it's often just for unchecking stuff you don't need anyway. If you uninstalled a tool bar it may not really be gone.
    Feliccio Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2015, 12:31 PM
    Try to check your computer for malware with antivirus software
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2015, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliccio View Post
    Try to check your computer for malware with antivirus software
    It was a malware situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 8 question. [ 5 Answers ]

I have an Acer laptop with an OEM version of Windows 8 x64. I accidentally dropped it, and killed the HDD. I will be getting a replacement HDD soon, but I'm wondering how to go about re-installing Windows 8. From the little research I've done they are now embedding the product key on the BIOS. ...

Windows Movie Maker Question [ 3 Answers ]

Hey people long time since I've been here last... Well I have a question... Not sure if it belongs under 'Movies' though.. OK how do you, or can you, speed up or slow down a movie/video clip in Windows Movie Maker... and if you can't do it there.. where? Or how? Would really help me >.>

Windows 98/Harddrive Question [ 4 Answers ]

Good Morning, If anyone would be able to assist me I would greatly appreciate it. My PC just stop powering on all of a sudden. I was wondering if I can just go by another hard drive or do I have to install a brand new mother board all together. In addition, is there anyway I can retrieve data...

Wondows XP, windows question [ 8 Answers ]

Recently whenever I open a window it is minimized. This happens with all previously used windows. Is there a way to set my PC so all windows will open maximized?

Windows XP Professional Question [ 6 Answers ]

I have Windows XP Professional, and I was just wondering if there is a way where I can open up imesh, or winmx to download songs and then log out, but the songs will keep downloading while someone else s on the computer? Thanks.

View more questions Search