Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahmed36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2015, 08:48 AM
    Why still having back pain and arm pains after falling
    After falling for lyk two months I still feel pains at my back and both arms wit neck because I was carrying water on my head.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2015, 11:52 AM
    No one can know without taking X rays.
    Some reasons can be simple bruising and muscle strain all the way to something torn, like a tendon or ligament, or even a chipped bone.
    The usual treatments are rest, soft pillows but ability to lie flat, warmth, massage, gentle exercise (really just movement to keep a little active), soaking in hot water, refraining from strenuous work, and pain killers like Tylenol. Time and careful attention at home are the only cure.

But you could have injured one of the vertebrae in your neck. If it's just from being swollen and pinching nerves, that will go away. If any of the cushioning fluid leaked out between 2 vertebrae, that needs an X ray and a good doctor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2015, 06:44 PM
    I agree, you will need a very complete exam with x ray or cat scan and see what injury there was. Also, how was it treated to start with, and did it have time to properly heal.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2015, 06:03 PM
    As was said.. you should have gone to the doctor at least after the pain didn't go away after a couple days... or right away if it was extreme pain. That is if your health really matters to you. That's not being snarky... there are injuries that can be more severe than you might think... or others that can heal badly because they were never properly cared for then they occurred.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 4, 2015, 04:19 AM
    We responders need to keep in mind that most of the world doesn't have access to clinics, hospitals, or even doctors the way we do. Although it goes without saying that much of the time it's necessary to see a doctor for what someone is describing, I like to take an extra few minutes to mention a few possibilities about what is going on, either for self help, or to impart a sense of seriousness of the symptoms!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arm neck back pain, chest pain takes effort to swallow and unintentional weight loss [ 3 Answers ]

Arm neck back pain, chest pain takes effort to swallow and unintentional weight loss Is this GERD or something else?

Left side arm and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have back and arm pain on the left side and arm is num been going on for two three days now should I go in to have it looked at thanks

Lower back pains, vaginal pain and discharge, and lower abdomen pain? [ 0 Answers ]

For the past couple weeks I have been experiencing lower back pains that are dull and achey. Also I have been experiencing lower abdomen and vaginal pain, which are sharp and sudden. To top it off I have had a dishcarge that's clear sometimes white-ish. For the months of January and February my...

Tenderness and pain under right arm arm and right breast? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had tender underarm pit and sore right breast for about 3 months the pain can at times be very bad . I do check myself even though it is tender to touch.I also did have a lump between my shoulder and breast but it has gone but the soreness won't sometimes I find it hard to lift my right arm...

View more questions Search