Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skk17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2015, 11:34 AM
    Should I call my husband?
    i hate my mil after being bullied by her for 1.5years i left the home my husband loves me and so do i.but she is the problem and not an easy one to deal with now its been 25 days since i left home and haven't spoken to anyone from my in laws family including my husband,i don't know if i should call him or not , he is angry with me that i left him there but i couldnt live there for another day it was so suffocating .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2015, 11:39 AM
    How did she bully you? You and your husband live with her? In which country? I had a manipulative, bullying mil, so I know there are ways to respectfully stand up for yourself and maybe even slow her down.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2015, 04:42 AM
    My mother was a real >>>>> to my ex wife. It was easy for us, we never went to visit her. I always took my wives side in an argument.

You need to talk to your husband, and make sure he knows the problem. After that you and him, work out ways to make it work. If he will not stand up to his mother with you, then you may have no choice.

*** if you live in some Asian or Middle Eastern countries, then you are suppose to honor and obey the mother in law. So there, you have to give in and obey
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2015, 08:45 AM
    Of course you talk to your husband or there can be no resolution to this problem. Would it put you in danger to doso? What do those around you say you should do?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 30, 2015, 09:15 PM
    I think there must be cultural considerations here, maybe Indian?

And, it wouldn't be uncommon for family members to live under the same roof.

I think the main point here is, you should have seen it coming. His loyalty may always be with his mother first, and you are second to that. When a mother and her son's wife lock horns, I'd bet on the son siding with his mother first.

Considering that if that is the case, you will never win this battle over your husband. As evidenced by 25 days of silence from your husband.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a woman call rape after she had a one night stand with a guy who refuses to call [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so earlier today my friend was sharing a story about his worst one night stand ever. So it basically stand when he meet a girl in a bar. They had a few drinks, but when they left both were not drunk. They got in his care and he drove her back to her apartment. One thing lead to another and...

Morning call newspaper violated my husband's privacy. How do we protect ourselves? [ 6 Answers ]

The morning call newspaper keeps violating my husband's privacy regarding his criminal case. How can we protect ourself from our personal information becoming public knowledge?

People cannot call my voip number, but I can call out [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday the phone worked today it does not. Incoming caller hears amessage saying to contact their provider because the call is being treated as a local call but should be treated as a long distance call. I myself tried calling "HOME" from my cell and had the same problem, I contacted the cell...

Got a call from a collection agency who was taping my call [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a call from a collection agaency and wanted to gather information about a mastercard debt I owe. I told them that I don't own a mastercard, then they preceded to tell me my ss # and asked me if it was mine. I told them that the ss # was mine and how did they get my ss # since I don't own...

Husband goes out, does not call [ 13 Answers ]

Am I overeacting? My husband and I have a fairly good marriage, some issues, not cheating, and we are working on some issues, like him helping more, etc. He is a very good dad (when he is here) to our 2 1/2 year old daughter. Anyway, he goes out with our neighbor to ride snowmobiles, ATV's...

View more questions Search