Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ali0Munir0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2015, 03:12 PM
    Would I damage the man who included me in invitation letter if I applied for Humanita
    Hi

A CO-worker had sent invitation letter to my father to attend a yearly meeting in NY since he is a GM in a multinational company, and he included our all family (5 members) on that invitation letter, the visa had been approved easily because of that invitation letter and my father salary and some other things.

I'm a 21 years old and I want to apply for refuge since I'm a Yemeni citizen and it's so unsafe there and I had a special case.

What I want to know, would the man who sent us the invitation letter get damaged by my refuge request since I obtained the B2 visa using his invitation letter.

Best Regards
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 04:12 PM
    Yes, he would be damaged.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 26, 2015, 04:25 PM
    How could anyone online answer that question?
    You shouldn't be applying for refuge status using anyone's name without their permission.
    Ali0Munir0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2015, 07:22 AM
    "How could anyone online answer that question?
    You shouldn't be applying for refuge status using anyone's name without their permission."
    I didn't use anyone's name in the refuge case

I just use the invitation letter to obtain the B2 visa

I just wanted to make sure the this well not damage the guy who mentioned me on the invitation letter
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 27, 2015, 12:29 PM
    You are asking about visiting the US on a B2 (tourist) visa, then applying for assylum, correct? No, I don't believe that would cause any issues to the person who wrote the invitation letter for your father and the rest of your family, but it's likely he will be asked about you and your situation. You don't mention what your special case is, but in general assylum may be granted by the US if you have been persecuted based on race, religion, nationality, being a member of a social group, or political opinion. It sounds like your father is a successful businessman in Yemen, so I don't see how you can claim persecution, but again you haven't told us about your special situation. Simply being a resident of country that is "unsafe" is not sufficient for assylum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invitation letter for foreigner to visit the u.s. [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I have a friend who is a student and would like to visit me here in the u.s. during summer vacation. I understand there is an invitation letter I need to provide my friend to facilitate in obtaining a visitor's visa. What does this letter need to specify? And what other information can you...

Letter of invitation [ 0 Answers ]

If I send a letter of invitation... can he apply from here?

How do I write an invitation letter to companies to attend an anger mastery workshop? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I write an invitation letter to companies to attend an anger mastery workshop?

What are the potential negative consequences of writing an invitation letter? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, If I write an invitation letter for someone from Liberia to visit me, what are the potential negative consequences of doing so? Thank you

View more questions Search