Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayesha2015 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2015, 05:11 AM
    Responsibilities of husband
    My husband does not have a job.I work full time and run the whole house financially along with looking after my two children and household chores.Although husband is trying to look for job but could not find one.He is not looking into any other possibilities which can be an option as we live abroad.We are married for 15 years and this is the case.I don't get any other financial help at all and feel exhausted.
    What is in Islam/sharia for such problems when husband is just not taking his responsibility and there is role reversal ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 26, 2015, 07:36 AM
    No amount of words in a religion can force someone to be responsible.
    You need to talk to your imam, or find one if you don't have one.

If you are wondering about divorce, that is a separate question. Are you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 07:54 AM
    Please be more specific about his other options since you acknowledge that he is trying but unsuccessful. When the roles are reversed it would seem that you would be as understanding as you expect him to be if you were unemployed.

If you bring home the bacon, then let him run the house, and that includes the responsibility when you are at work for your children. Is this not how it is working now?

What are we missing about your question?

Jul 26, 2015, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    No amount of words in a religion can force someone to be responsible.
    You need to talk to your imam, or find one if you don't have one.

If you are wondering about divorce, that is a separate question. Are you?
    It's not about divorce .its about when he will start to think or realize that he is the one who should be running the house and not me . My children miss me and so am I.he has other options like doing a taxi or running a business but for some reason he does not wish to do this .If he can't get a job for next 15 year's then sitting in house is his choice... moreover women are not the ones responsible for running house for ever...

Jul 26, 2015, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Please be more specific about his other options since you acknowledge that he is trying but unsuccessful. When the roles are reversed it would seem that you would be as understanding as you expect him to be if you were unemployed.

If you bring home the bacon, then let him run the house, and that includes the responsibility when you are at work for your children. Is this not how it is working now?
    But the question is I don't wish to work like this all my life.In Islam men are responsible for running the house .I do not have any help.he does look after children but it could work like this only temporarily not life long.he does not wish to consider doing a business which he can do .He can't keep on looking for job all his life sitting at home
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 26, 2015, 04:28 PM
    AGAIN - talk to an imam! That's one reason they are there. Is your husband waiting for a quote from the Qoran? No, he isn't going to work unless family, friends, neighbors, and his imam try to make him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 04:36 PM
    How long has this role reversal been going on? Would another 6 months to a year not be acceptable?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the responsibilities of next of kin [ 3 Answers ]

I am next of kin to a widowed aunt. She has a lawyer as trustee of her estate. What are my responsibilies as next of kin. She requested verbally that I should ensure that her wishes be done.

Landlord responsibilities [ 2 Answers ]

This is for the peanut gallery out there, and to give some advice to other landlords. I moved into this a townhome 2 months ago. I'm moving out in a month, since this was just a temp place while I got settled in town. The upstairs toilets run. You've probably experienced it... when it...

Tenant responsibilities [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a mobile home park, my landlord has been asking everyone to sign a new lease. The new lease states that everyone living here has to build a porch onto the mobile home They live in. I can not sign this new lease as I feel that it is not my reponsibility to improve his property to that...

Responsibilities of next-of-kin [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died last week in the state of Florida. My aunt was named the executor of her estate in the will which has not yet been submitted to the probate court. My mother made my 17 year old daughter the beneficiary of her entire estate. I am the co-owner of the credit union account where her...

Deposit responsibilities [ 1 Answers ]

As a tenant that resided at an address for more than 1 year, Am I responsible to pay for the tile in the house to be cleaned from my deposit?

View more questions Search