Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kabitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2015, 04:15 PM
    If too little blood was drawn for an a1c, can the affect the result?
    Had blood drawn for an a1c. My blood stopped flowing. She said she thinks she has enough.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2015, 05:25 PM
    If she thinks she has enough... then she does. YOU have other veins she could have gone to if she needed more.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2015, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kabitz View Post
    Had blood drawn for an a1c. My blood stopped flowing. She said she thinks she has enough.
    Not much blood is needed for this diabetic test
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2015, 06:00 PM
    It will not effect the test, if there was enough blood to test. If there was not enough blood, then they merely can not do the test, and would have to redo the test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urine and blood result [ 1 Answers ]

I had my urine and blood test, I'm 33 weeks pregnant.. and the result is that my leukocytes 10.87>,erythrocytes 3.50<,hemoglobin 10.6<,neutrophils 7.63> and hematocrit 31.2<... I want to know if my baby I still okay inside my womb... im joan, 31 yrs old from philippines... thank you and I'm hoping...

Joints hurt after blood is drawn... why? [ 4 Answers ]

If you drank a bottle of champagne on one night, then had to go to the hospital for something un related and they took blood from you unexpectingly... Then you nearly felt like you were going to die while they took the blood, you felt burning and tingly shocks in your tail bone, joints and feet and...

I take blood thinners, can I take nopalea or will it affect my blood count? [ 10 Answers ]

I take coumadin and need to know it taking nopalea will affect that or not.

Can I still get pregnant with this blood test result? [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a female infertility blood test and I just want to know whether can I still get pregnant. FSH 5.8 Basal Levels From 2 - 10 Mid Cycle Peak ...

Getting blood drawn [ 7 Answers ]

How much does it hurt to get blood drawn? What does it feel like? I really need to know

View more questions Search