Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdawg60 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 07:26 AM
    a/c freon pressures
    My a/c unit is not cooling correctly,unit runs all night and cools somewhat,I belie=ve the pressure is low,what should be the readings on low & high side tubing.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 11, 2007, 01:01 PM
    It depends on several things. How old is it? Some newer units now use R410 and most of the rest use R-22. The pressures with R-22 depend on return air temperature, outside air temperature and air handler/evaporator design. The low side usually runs 65-70 lbs. and the high side 225 - 250 lbs.
    bigdawg60 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Well I tested the unit low side running about 30-35 lbs high I think is very low,running at 80 lbs A/C unit is about 2-3 months old,high eff,now after I shot some r-22 into it air temp at vent is about 60 degrees, but still notice unit running longer then it should. Also I noticed the high side line is at outdoor temp (Not hot) is this normal on high eff units?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 08:57 PM
    If your unit has been running for several hours with the low pressure at 30-35 pounds it is likely that you evap coil is frozen over and you are not getting enough air across the indoor coil to get a good reading or a good exchange of cool air. Let the unit set for several hours.(six) or if you want put the fan switch to the on position and let it run for maybe three hours. Then check the reading again. The temp of the air just above the indoor coil should be 18-20 degrees cooler than the air entering into the return air.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 16, 2007, 02:53 AM
    Your small liquid line shouldn't be hot, only on a real hot day. If it is hot you need to clean your condensing unit coil. There's a lot of things to consider when properly charging a unit. Proper superheat is the most important one. Too much refrigerant is just as bad as not enough. Outside temperature will also effect the discharge temperature coming off the evaporator coil.
    Jaime giron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 10:59 AM
    What about R410 what's the differential pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor panels too dirty to measure freon pressure? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having problems with my A/C unit. A service technician came to My house, looked at the compressor unit, and told me the panels Were full of debris that he couldn't accurately measure the freon Pressure. He asked to clean the panel for $89, which did not Include the service call, another ...

Freon cap left off [ 11 Answers ]

I had a new heater installed this winter. There were two installers: one guy who did almost all of the work and another guy who spent most of the day outside talking on his cell phone. The cell phone dude was the working on the outside unit. We tried to test out our a/c today, and guess what?...

Punctured freon line repair [ 3 Answers ]

I was defrosting the mini freezer behind my bar and puntured the freon line on the aluminum ice cube tray shelf. Is there any way to repair this, or do I have to discard the freezer

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

Spewing sound in Freon line [ 3 Answers ]

The Freon line to the central heat and air unit for the second floor unit run across the ceiling of my bedroom. Recently just before the air handler starts I hear a spewing, or gurgling sound. The unit appears to heat/cool OK. Is this something I should be concerned about? The outside unit is...

View more questions Search