Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kc06234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
    Immigration question.
    So do I have this right?-
    If someone is 15 and they get DACA, then apply for advance parole, get it approved and return to the u.s lawfully, in the future if they marry a u.s citizen they will be able to adjust status right?
    Also they want to work for the government someday will the fact that they once had Daca even though they obtain citizenship through marriage affect or eliminate their chances of working with an agency?
    Hope that was well understood thanks :-)
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jul 19, 2015, 01:05 PM
    Generally speaking, yes.

The DACA A/P admission strategy works well for clean DACA cases with no immigration violations other than overstay or EWI. You will want to review their immigration and criminal history to be sure that there are no other grounds of inadmissibility that may cause a problem at the port-of-entry. Additionally, they should have a detailed entry interview prep session.

After naturalization, most government positions make no distinction as to how you got U.S. citizenship.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney, as this strategy should not be utilized without experienced guidance. Check with AILA or your state bar association for a referral. Good luck!
    kc06234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2015, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NYcityboy View Post
    Generally speaking, yes.

The DACA A/P admission strategy works well for clean DACA cases with no immigration violations other than overstay or EWI. You will want to review their immigration and criminal history to be sure that there are no other grounds of inadmissibility that may cause a problem at the port-of-entry. Additionally, they should have a detailed entry interview prep session.

After naturalization, most government positions make no distinction as to how you got U.S. citizenship.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney, as this strategy should not be utilized without experienced guidance. Check with AILA or your state bar association for a referral. Good luck!
    Thanks so Much! this was very helpful :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration question [ 2 Answers ]

Can I be denied citizenship if I owed state taxes?

Immigration question [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my common law husband have been together 5 years. We just declared ourselves common law marriage. If I try to fix his legal status ( he has been here 10 years illegally) will he be sent back to Mexico. I'm a us citizen born in us and we have a 3 1/2 year old son. Please any advice would be...

Question regarding immigration [ 1 Answers ]

I will complete my master degree by this end of fed 2012 but unfortunately I only have visa till 15th march.. I may not be able to collect all the document required for TR apply before 15th march.. as my visa is expiring on this date.. can I apply TR after this date?or is there any other...

Immigration question! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a naturized U.S citizen and want to apply my girlfriend for immigration to US as my wife. She is holding J 1 visa and staying in US right now. What do I need to do next, and how much income should I have to sponsor her? Many thanks

Immigration Question [ 1 Answers ]

I-130 pettion filed was recently approved. Have yet to file for adjustment of status y. If I wanted to travel can I make an Info Pass appointment to get my passport stamped or do I have to wait until I file for adjustment of status

View more questions Search