Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessed64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Bank Levy
    Can HOA obtain a garnishment with out sending you anything or letting you know a court date
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Hello blessed:

Garnishment can only be accomplished with a court order. If your HOA sued you and didn't let you know, you can have the judgment reversed, and you can get your day in court.

Go to your HR department and ask to see the order. The court will be listed. Go there, and make a motion to vacate due to lack of service. If this was a small claims court, you ought to be able to hand write your motion at the courthouse.

excon

PS> (edited) I see you entitled your question "bank levy". Same thing. It takes a court order and you can see it at the bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Levy [ 5 Answers ]

I had a bank account levied yesterday for $515.00. The creditor advised me that if I went and paid the balance in full, the levy would stop and the bank would release my money that was being held. I did pay it 100% in full last night and have proof of payment, and the creditor confirmed payment...

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

Can a bank levy last until the debt is paid? How does it affect your credit?

A Bank Levy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bank account and my mother was also added to this bank account. She is on Social Security. I just had a levy placed on my bank account because of her past credit issues. The company refuses to release my money and she refuses to pay. What can I do about this problem?

Bank Levy [ 3 Answers ]

I received a bank levy from a lawyer puttin my account as being overdrawn, had little funds in the account. It was all due to a unpaid credit card bill. The balance is calling for some 2800 and I only had a dollar in the account. I'm asking on opinions on how to go about this from here. Is there...

Bank levy in nj [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I live in New Jersey. My husband and I have joint bank accounts that were levied for a debt incurred long before I met him. I went to court and proved this money in the account was from his paycheck as I am not employed and although it seemed obvious to me that all was direct deposited...

View more questions Search