Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shilohplace Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    Interpreter for deaf and DYI person

Jul 16, 2015, 08:49 PM
    What should I put under my 3 season room. Now is dirt should I use pea gravel?
    Would it be best to use landscape fabric and pea gravel or limestone? Nice 3 Season Room but now is just the dirt. Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 17, 2015, 05:31 AM
    It depends on where you live, and what the flooring will be.

Jul 17, 2015, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    It depends on where you live, and what the flooring will be.
    I live in South East. I have a normal treated plywood floor with tile on it. Walls and ceiling are insulated floor is not as of yet. My entire fenced in backyard garden and dog play area is plants and pea gravel, lava rock paths. Concrete patio outdoor living room. I just added new gravel to paths and trying to think what is best for under the room? Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2015, 11:01 AM
    So, we gather this is an elevated structure, not on grade- open underneath like a crawl space?
    current pert

Jul 17, 2015, 12:21 PM
    Is this a trailer, or home on slab? Tiled plywood floor sounds like a trailer. And is that the main living area, or the current floor in the 3 season room, above dirt?

Jul 18, 2015, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Is this a trailer, or home on slab? Tiled plywood floor sounds like a trailer. And is that the main living area, or the current floor in the 3 season room, above dirt?
    No this is a house with a nice additional sunroom, off the ground level with the house roof cut into the original roof, very nice room. Pretty much a 3 season room or extra living room / den.

Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    So, we gather this is an elevated structure, not on grade- open underneath like a crawl space?
    Yes open underneath.
    current pert

Jul 18, 2015, 06:16 AM
    Landscape cloth and any pea or lime stone is fine. Basically anything you want.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2015, 12:06 PM
    I think I would go to black plastic, 6 mil, and then Pea gravel. With a wood floor, it is important to keep the soil as dry as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pea gravel as ground cover [ 4 Answers ]

Have a planting bed, roughly 150 square feet. Once I replant it, want to use pea gravel as a ground cover, perhaps 2-3" in depth. How much will I need to do this?

How much does 48 squares of pea gravel weigh? [ 0 Answers ]

Home much does 48 roofing squares of pea gravel weigh?

How do I figure how much pea gravel is needed for 8 [ 2 Answers ]

How do I figure out how much pea gravel is needed to fill 8" x 60" grade retainer bands that will make a 10' circle for a 10' diameter x 15' high, 210 barrel welded tank to sit on top?

How many tons of pea gravel... [ 6 Answers ]

do you need to fill a 30x35 area to a depth of 7 inches? And 9 inches? Or how would I figure it out?

Price for moving pea gravel [ 1 Answers ]

How much should I charge for moving 6 tons of pea gravel from a drive way to a back yard by shovel and wheel barrel?

View more questions Search