Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    africanking223 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2015, 06:08 PM
    How long does it take for mail to reach Atlanta,GA from Las Vegas,NV and what kind...
    ... of stamp is used? This is just a plain letter with a check inside.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 16, 2015, 06:16 PM
    The post office will be better able to answer your question. :)

Have to add, much cheaper, quicker, and safer to send it via paypal or an email money transfer.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2015, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by africanking223 View Post
    ... of stamp is used? This is just a plain letter with a check inside.
    Seriously? Is this is a real question? Have you not EVER used the mail before? If you are worried about a few days more or less then pay extra to send it overnight.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2015, 05:25 AM
    Generally speaking regular first class mail will take anywhere from 3-6 days normally.

Did you drop the letter in a mailbox or a slot in a PO? At what time of day? You have to allow time for the letter to be processed in Atlanta which means going from where you deposited it to a central station from which it is routed to Vegas. In Vegas it has to be sorted to the recipient's local PO, where a carrier delivers it to the recipient.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2015, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Generally speaking regular first class mail will take anywhere from 3-6 days normally.

Did you drop the letter in a mailbox or a slot in a PO? At what time of day? You have to allow time for the letter to be processed in Atlanta which means going from where you deposited it to a central station from which it is routed to Vegas. In Vegas it has to be sorted to the recipient's local PO, where a carrier delivers it to the recipient.
    What about the stamp needed? The OP asked that as well.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 17, 2015, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    What about the stamp needed? The OP asked that as well.
    49 cents for a first-class stamp
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 21, 2015, 11:28 AM
    This is likely a generational thing. Ask anyone under the age of 35 when the last time was that they mailed anything - chances are it's been a long time, and they probably don't have any stamps at home. I did an informal poll at work and several people under 35 said they can't remember the last time they used a stamp - they do everything on line (even Christmas cards). These are not just college kids but adults with families and homes. Ask a Millennial and you'll find they probably have no idea how much a stamp costs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2015, 11:47 PM
    Wow, postage is 49 cents for one letter? I have been out of the US too long.
    But yes less than a week to reach, normally a few days. I can get one from Atlanta to China in 2 to 3 weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In las vegas Nevada how long must I pay rent in an hotel before I served eviction [ 8 Answers ]

In las vegas Nevada how long must I pay rent before I am a resident and must be servrd an evction notice

In las vegas Nevada how long must I pay rent in an hotel before I served eviction [ 0 Answers ]

How long must I live in a residential hotel before I must be served an eviction notice?

Going to las vegas [ 3 Answers ]

Im a registared sex offender, but I'm offf probation. Do I need to registar?

Move 2 las vegas or not? [ 3 Answers ]

My step mum said that she's going to be a traing nurse & then I over heard that her 1st training is in las vega. I saw dad and my step mum signing up for it ! And there was also a meeting! Could this be that the hole family will be moving there or just them.

View more questions Search