Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mawilliams05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2015, 05:03 PM
    X485 mower blows fuses on deck
    I have a X485 that keeps blowing fuse on the mower deck, the local dealer replaced the switch on the rear housing but it still blows fuses every few min. Does any body have any ideas?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2015, 05:06 PM
    It is drawing too much current, possibly with a wire grounding to the frame.

Jul 16, 2015, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    It is drawing too much current, possibly with a wire grounding to the frame.
    John Deere checked all the wiring and couldn't find any shorts said it was drawing the right amount at the switch. They said they mowed with it for 3 hours and it never blew a fuse. I brought it home and it blew 3 fuses in 5 min. They had put a 30 amp fuse in it and it is suppose to have a 15, but 15 amps blow as soon as you put it under a load.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2015, 05:17 PM
    That's why the fuse didn't blow 30 Amps. Will the wiring support 30 Amps?

Jul 16, 2015, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    That's why the fuse didn't blow 30 Amps. Will the wiring support 30 Amps?
    It calls for a 15 amp fuse. I think they just put a 30 in it to try and keep it from blowing, but it will mow for a little bit then it blows it as well.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 05:11 PM
    Hi,
    Look under the left hand running board for a broken brake switch; usually the two pieces of the body break at the sonic weld.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

john deere lawn tractor model x485 mower deck won't raise [ 1 Answers ]

I have a JD X485 lawn tractor with 62 inch mower. Mower has had a problem raising and lowering for some time. In the past I could engage the lift and lift on the mower and it would fine for a while ( WEEKS OR MONTHS) now it has completely quit. Any ideas?

Craftsman riding mower blows fuses [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I have a craftsman rider that is about 9yrs old and this year it keeps blowing fuses Every time I go to start it. Can you please help. Thank you. tgodbee

T V blows fuses [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I turn my panasonic T V on it blows a fuse. What can be causing this problem?

Craftsman riding lawn mower blows fuses [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 03 Craftsman 15.5 hp riding lawn mower. The 30amp fuse between the solenoid and ignition switch keeps blowing when I try to start it. I changed the solenoid and the fuse. My battery was low so I used an extra car battery to jump it. I turned the key and heard the fuse pop. I suspect the...

View more questions Search