Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Helgsmahgelgz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2015, 04:29 PM
    No period/and birth control
    Hei I'm 15 and have not gotten my period for 3months for an unknown reason, I am still a virgin so I am not pregnant. What coul be wrong and can I start taking birth control now?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2015, 05:03 PM
    Just because you take birth control doesn't mean you won't or can't get pregnant. It can and does happen frequently. In fact statistically... 10 out of every 1,000 women taking it CORRECTLY will still get pregnant. I know some its happened to more than once. Also... it doesn't protect you from STD's. HPV (that can cause cervical cancer) and Herpes that has no cure... are among many that up to 28% of people your age are infected with. So look around the people your age... consider how many might be infected, many don't know and others simply lie about it to others.

You should be visiting a Gynecologist to be prescribed these... because they are not a one size fits all solution. Most can have significant side effects which are not the same between one female and another.

As for the other part of your question. You are 15, irregular periods are very common at your age. In fact even after you become an adult... your period will never be absolutely regular. Some are just more-so than others. Your best chance to get a valid answer for your problem is to see a gynecologist as it is dependent on exam results and medical history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period/birth control [ 0 Answers ]

I was supposed to get my period on July 26th and start taking my birth control for the firs time on that day. I haven't gotten my period yet. I was wondering if I should or would be able to take my birth control anyway?

Period/Birth Control [ 0 Answers ]

I've been on the birth control shot since October 2012. My last period was in January. I know it's normal for periods to not occur anymore when on BC. But on March 4th and March 6th I started randomly bleeding. And I also started working out on March 4th.. Is this normal or what?

No period but on birth control [ 6 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for almost a year now. My boyfriend and I don't use a condom when we have sex and he pulls out before ejaculation. On about two recent occasions he says he didn't discharge fully, but only pre come . I haven't had my period in two months and am beginning to get worried....

Can I take birth control when not on my period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. I have 2 questions that I need answered right away. My doctor prescribed yaz birth control pills to me. I took my first pill yesterday (thursday) and I was not on my period. Is that OK? Also, after my Sunday pill, should I take the remainder pills from week one that I didn't take (mon-wed)...

View more questions Search