Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 02:35 AM
    Don't be concerned about our military strength .Every war you speak of we imposed severe restrictions on our application of force that was decisive in the outcomes.

We choose not to use our nukes that is true . On the reverse ,the 12ers have made it quite clear that they will use any weapon at their disposal in aggressive attacks against the nations they intend to destroy .
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 02:47 AM
    Washington (AFP) - President Barack Obama acknowledged Wednesday that Iran might use cash coming its way under sanctions relief to fund "terrorist organizations" but argued this is preferable to allowing it to develop nuclear arms.
    "The truth is, that Iran has always found a way to fund these efforts," Obama said, in a speech to defend the Iran nuclear deal.
    "And whatever benefit Iran may claim from sanctions relief pales in comparison to the danger it could pose with a nuclear weapon."

Obama admits some unfrozen Iran cash will fund terror

The emperor is right in that the 12ers will use the money to fund their proxy terrorist organizations . However he is wrong in thinking this deal will deter their nuke development . This deal guarantees an Iranian nuke within a decade .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 6, 2015, 02:59 AM
    I can understand your feelings Tom, though I disagree, but why do you and the repubs, and NETTY, have to be on the side of the 12ers and chant "kill the deal".

Boggles my mind. I know politics make strange bedfellows but this is... crazy!

This deal guarantees an Iranian nuke within a decade .
    No deal guarantees them a nuke by years end. How is THAT better?
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 03:31 AM
    Alan J Kuperman ,associate professor and the coordinator of the Nuclear Proliferation Prevention Project at the University of Texas at Austin, writes in the Slimes that the emperor's math is wrong. Iran’s actual breakout time under the deal would be approximately three months — not over a year. Thus, the deal would be unlikely to improve the world’s ability to react to a sudden effort by Iran to build a bomb.
    Mr. Obama’s argument assumes that Iran would employ only the 5,060 centrifuges that the deal would allow for uranium enrichment, not the roughly 14,000 additional centrifuges that Iran would be permitted to keep mainly for spare parts. Such an assumption is laughable. In a real-world breakout, Iran would race, not crawl, to the bomb.These additional centrifuges would need to be connected, brought up to speed and equilibrated with the already operating ones. But at that point, Iran’s enrichment capacity could exceed three times what Mr. Obama assumes.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/23/op...f=opinion&_r=3

Mr. Obama assumes that a dash for the bomb would start mainly from unenriched uranium, thereby lengthening the breakout time. But the deal would appear to also permit Iran to keep large amounts of enriched uranium in solid form (as opposed to gas), which could be reconverted to gas within weeks, thus providing a substantial head-start to producing weapons-grade uranium.......

Mr. Obama’s argument assumes that Iran would require 59 pounds of weapons-grade uranium to make an atomic bomb. In reality, nuclear weapons can be made from much smaller amounts of uranium (as experts assume North Korea does in its rudimentary arsenal). A 1995 study by the Natural Resources Defense Council concluded that even a “low technical capability” nuclear weapon could produce an explosion with a force approaching that of the Hiroshima bomb — using just 29 pounds of weapons-grade uranium.
    Based on such realistic assumptions, Iran’s breakout time under the pending deal actually would be around three months, while its current breakout time is a little under two months. Thus, the deal would increase the breakout time by just over a month, too little to matter. Mr. Obama’s main argument for the agreement — extending Iran’s breakout time — turns out to be effectively worthless.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2015, 04:27 AM
    US troops were taking some of the highest casualties on the Iraq war.
    But YOU went there to wage war with Iraq, they didn't wage war on you - YOU were the aggressor.

Iran was providing their surrogates in Iraq with shaped plate armor penetrating EFPs . The bulk of US casualties in Iraq were from road side bombs that Iran provided.
    So? You guys provide arms to other nations. If doesn't back up your assertion that "There are thousands of US deaths and 10s of thousands injured and maimed directly from Iranian Qod forces ". That's just not true.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 05:28 AM
    Don't worry Karma Tom is just playing mouthpiece for the right, next week he will try to convince us we must do something about climate change like CSG instead of coal
    Expert

Aug 6, 2015, 07:17 AM
    Why Israel's Security Experts Support The Iran Deal - And Why Iran's Hardliners Don't - The National Memo

In short, both of these top former officials believe the agreement with Iran will enhance their nation's security – and contrary to what Fox News Channel's sages might claim, they represent mainstream opinion in Israel's military and intelligence circles.
    So perhaps we can safely discount the partisan demagogues and feckless opportunists who claim to be protecting the Jewish state from Barack Obama. And when someone like Mike Huckabee – who memorably escaped military service because of his “flat feet”denounces the president for “marching Israelis to the oven door,” let's remember the sane and serious response of Israel's most experienced defenders.
    Just sayin'.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 12:46 PM
    Yes Tom has hitched his horse to the wrong waggon once again
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 02:08 PM
    There are fools in Israel as well as fools here . I can easily find quotes from both sides of this debate by security "experts " .
    Israel Should 'Seriously Consider' Striking Iran - Defense/Security - News - Arutz Sheva

There are fools in Israel as well as fools here . I can easily find quotes from both sides of this debate by security "experts " .
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...2#.VcPMnZvbJjo
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 04:15 PM
    You know he's right there are fools everywhere
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2015, 04:54 PM
    I see nothing wrong with Israel striking Iran - have at 'er.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2015, 07:59 PM
    There is a madness associated with this debate, premptive strikes against nuclear reactors are complete madness. Israel got away with it in the past but there is no immediate threat
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2015, 02:45 AM
    Qassem Soleimani, the Quds Force commander recently visited Moscow to meet with senior Russian leaders, despite a travel ban and U.N. Security Council resolutions barring him from leaving Iran. No doubt he carried a large shopping list with him now that Iran can anticipate a huge bounty from the world's surrender to the 12ers .
    What ? You thought all this cash windfall is going to go to helping the people of Iran ? Why would you think that ? The 12ers used the limited amt of money they had during the sanction regime to purchase weapons and to export terror and their revolution throughout the region and the world .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcG5hCND_F4
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2015, 02:52 AM
    Kudos to Senator Shumer who has made a very difficult decision to oppose the emperor on this so called deal with Iran. Shumer is in line to take over as Democrat leader in the Senate when Harry the punching bag Reid retires. It would've been expedient for him to support the President on this issue. But Shumer announced that the deal is so bad for the world ,and the country that he could not support it .
    Also opposing the deal is both my former and current Rep . ;Dems Elliot Engel and Nita Lowey . I'm beginning to think there is a chance that Congress can get enough opposition votes to over ride the emperor's veto. You can tell by his increasingly inflammatory rhetoric against opponents to the deal ,that the emperor is getting desperate .
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2015, 03:57 AM
    That's a big call Tom if they have those votes they have enough to impreach, But this deal isn't misconduct.

A Iranian travelling outside a ban, I wonder how often that happen? and why would the Russians be concerned? They pay lip service to UN mandates. You keep running these strawman conspiracy scenarios. Stay with the facts, there is a deal that dismantles certain Iranian capability. This also frees up certain economic sanctions. This is not something Obama has done in isolation, he has international partners who are not constrained by red neck policies. I would expect the Russians would be pleased to embarrass the US by having this deal fail, so I expect that aiding them would be treason, and yet there are those in your government who have taken this course. Who are these fifth columnists?
    Expert

Aug 7, 2015, 04:29 AM
    By my count you need 13 dem senators to override a veto. More if a few repubs break ranks. Good Luck.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2015, 05:31 AM
    So what's the price of loyalty these days?
    Expert

Aug 7, 2015, 05:42 AM
    Shumer is a Jew from NY with a rather powerful rich Jewish lobby and constituency. He is also a HAWK who voted for the Iraq war. No surprise where his loyalties lie, and they haven't changed over the years.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2015, 02:56 PM
    Now what was I saying?
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2015, 05:25 PM
    That's a big call Tom if they have those votes they have enough to impreach, But this deal isn't misconduct.
    We aren't talking impeachment . We are talking terrible judgment by our policy makers in the executive branch .

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    By my count you need 13 dem senators to override a veto. More if a few repubs break ranks. Good Luck.
    Many Dems hate thisdecision but are afraid to go against the Emperor .

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Shumer is a Jew from NY with a rather powerful rich Jewish lobby and constituency. He is also a HAWK who voted for the Iraq war. No surprise where his loyalties lie, and they haven't changed over the years.
    You don't think he's risking a lot by taking a stand against the emperor ? Good keep dividing people tal . I never understood how Jews could side with the Dems anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with 14 yr old? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is 14 (just) and she's actually been like this for a while now, even before she hit her teens although it has escalated in the last year or so. At her old school, she actually got kicked out and sent to an alternative school at the age of 12 for violence (getting in fights, etc). She...

How to deal with someone like this? [ 1 Answers ]

Here we go may be a little long. First let me say what is good about the gf/bf. They are always respectful to your face, always treats you with utmost kindness, very loving and able to show affection, will defend you and not allow any unkind word to you. Willing to drop anything when you call. ...

How to deal with this [ 12 Answers ]

Recently, I had posted a "problem" regarding my fear of my husbands unknown death. He has not died, but I was afraid of that since I had recently quit my job and we had no life insurance. Well, since then I went to Florida to help take care of my mom whom has lung cancer. I was okay the first...

How do you deal with this? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, If you have any kind of disability where it makes you look different and when going to a restaurant someone laughs or stares at you, what would you do? Now to make this situation even worse what if you had some teens taking a picture of you on their cell phone and laughing and...

View more questions Search