Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2015, 08:52 AM
    But Tom we are just as warlike as yourselves, we involve ourselves in wars with you, and yet you consider us more responsible than other non-nuclear nations. Fortunately we don't have many neighbours on whom we might drop bonbs
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2015, 05:13 PM
    You may be interested in what's going on with the better deal crap

Iran Hawks Think We Can Impose Harsher Sanctions on Iran | The Nation

In the first place, the United States overestimated its ability to sanction Iran and, even at the height of the sanctions, could not stop it from exporting a million barrels a day, to countries such as China, which told the Treasury Department to jump in a lake. Beijing will be even more defiant if there is a congressional demand for yet another round of severe sanctions. Admittedly, Iranian oil exports were down from 2.5 million barrels per day in 2011, and the sanctions hurt, but they weren't crippling and may have even had some benefits. A weaker Iranian currency caused non-oil exports to jump, providing jobs and income to farmers and owners of workshops and factories.
    It gets worse after the first paragraph.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2015, 08:11 PM
    You mean that once again the US shot itsself in the foot. Look, talk is cheap and nowhere is it cheaper than in New York where the UN sits. Sanctions were part of the proxy war of the US on Iran, sanctions didn't stop Iraq either, it took boots on the ground and look where that got us, in hindsight, absolutely nowhere. Iran is larger and much more capable than Iraq and unlike Iraq it is not dependent upon outsiders for its weapons.

This deal means that the world has backed away from war with Iran, which must be counted as an enlightened response. Let them have their nuclear electric industry and allow the nation to prosper, a little money in the pocket will soon change attitudes, give them something to loose rather than backing them into a corner
    Expert

Aug 12, 2015, 08:20 PM
    Cheating on a deal would be the perfect cover for swinging a big stick. Same outcome if they refused it, but if we walk away makes us look like shmucks after all these machinations.

Should have told Netty to shut the hell up, instead of slobbering all over the guy.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2015, 09:17 PM
    I agree about Israel, far too confrontational for a small nation, like the little snappy dog with the big dog behind it. No we must not walk away but be found to keep our word, either way
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    But Tom we are just as warlike as yourselves, we involve ourselves in wars with you, and yet you consider us more responsible than other non-nuclear nations. Fortunately we don't have many neighbours on whom we might drop bonbs
    You have responsible government accountable to the people . You're nation is not run by despots who have an apocalyptic vision of their role in bringing about a violent end time . You're nation has not openly announced that their goal was to destroy one or more of it's neighbors.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 05:14 AM
    This deal means that the world has backed away from war with Iran, which must be counted as an enlightened response. Let them have their nuclear electric industry and allow the nation to prosper, a little money in the pocket will soon change attitudes, give them something to loose rather than backing them into a corner
    Incredibly naive . You are just like the emperor full of hopey changey . Even he knows that's not what this is about . What he and the P6+1 have done is what Roosevelt ,Churchill ,and Stalin did at Yalta ........ divide the world into spheres of influence . They have decided to unleash the 12ers in the hope that they will be a stabilizing force ;a regional hegemon.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 05:40 AM
    I agree about Israel, far too confrontational for a small nation, like the little snappy dog with the big dog behind it. No we must not walk away but be found to keep our word, either way
    Yeah the emperor is blaming the Jews too. He went so far as to question Chuck Schumer's loyalties.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 05:46 AM
    So this differs from earlier strategy, how? You have always tried to create these regional hagemon, it so happens this one doesn't suit your philosopy of universal US style demcracy. That didn't work in Iraq either. Tom Iran is a muslim state even if their brand differs from the idiots in Saudi who seek world domination through religious fanaticism, You have allied yourselves with the wrong parties and look where it has led, case in point Syria and daesh. Let the Muslims work it out amongst themselves, Do the Israeli thing, build a bloody great wall around them and come back in a hundred years.

You miss this all the time, this is the great game and Persia has always been part of the great game. Russia wants you to engage in a war in the middle east with Iran. It can sell them arms and technology and bleed you, just as you bled Russia in Afghanistan
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 05:51 AM
    As I've already said ;Iran already wages war against us,and has been since 1979. What we have in this country is a rogue President who is turning American foreign policy on it's head. He's gone in a year and a half and then we can repair all the damage he has done to our foreign policy .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2015, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He's gone in a year and a half and then we can repair all the damage he has done to our foreign policy .
    Hello again, tom:

Yeah.... And, what'll FIX it, is a war with Iran, another one with Iraq, and throw in Syria too, what the hell?

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 07:58 AM
    the emperor is trying to start a war with Russia too . You forgot that one .
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2015, 08:17 AM
    the emperor is trying to start a war with Russia too . You forgot that one .
    Hello again, tom:

That one might be worth fighting..

I know, I know... You righty's have a bromance with Putin.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

That one might be worth fighting..

I know, I know... You righty's have a bromance with Putin.

excon
    bromance is a little strong . But I'm not enthused about the prospect of us fighting to defend a neo-nazi nation.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2015, 02:58 PM
    Come on Tom you know that if you could have got your aircraft carriers through the Bosporus you would have been fighting Russia already, but there is nothing more pathetic than a land locked aircraft carrier No stick to the fights you can win, like a few rag tag islamic militants, oh wait, I can't recall you actually winning any of those. Remind me please, when was it you actually won a fight? I know, we celebrate it last week
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2015, 06:47 AM
    Hello again,

So, you negotiated a raise at work.. When you get home, your wife says, WE NEED A BETTER DEAL. What would happen to you if you went back to your boss?

excon
    Expert

Sep 2, 2015, 07:26 AM
    The prez is but ONE senator away from getting it done... AGAIN!

Breaking News

Senate Dems get 34th vote to hand Obama victory on Iran deal - AP News 9/2/2015 10:10 AM

The wingers have a right to holler, scream, and cry FOUL... AGAIN! Condolences to Netty... He tried!
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2015, 08:02 AM
    Thinking the Schmuckster will lose his chance to become the Dem majority leader due to the one principled stand he's taken as Senator .

Bob Casey of Pa. was a disappointment . He said :“I'm very confident that all the pathways to a nuclear weapon are cut off,” so long as the agreement is strictly enforced.

Good luck with that ! The deal allows the Iranians to' self inspect ' key sites . I'll say it again. This deal makes war with Iran MORE likely .

I don't blame the Dems . I blame the worthless GOP for surrendering their prerogative to approve any deal.
    Expert

Sep 2, 2015, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

So, you negotiated a raise at work.. When you get home, your wife says, WE NEED A BETTER DEAL. What would happen to you if you went back to your boss?

excon
    I would tell her to negotiate a better deal with HER boss, and stay out of me and my bosses business.

>Grabs pillow heads for couch, and waits for the burned toast. (She ain't gonna to be happy tonight!! Oh well!!!<
    Expert

Sep 2, 2015, 08:27 AM
    Thinking the Schmuckster will lose his chance to become the Dem majority leader due to the one principled stand he's taken as Senator .

Bob Casey of Pa. was a disappointment . He said :“I'm very confident that all the pathways to a nuclear weapon are cut off,” so long as the agreement is strictly enforced.

Good luck with that ! The deal allows the Iranians to' self inspect ' key sites . I'll say it again. This deal makes war with Iran MORE likely .

I don't blame the Dems . I blame the worthless GOP for surrendering their prerogative to approve any deal.
    I blame Obama for doing his job without the "shock and awe blowing stuff up"!! Back to the Trump Show... pass the popcorn please!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with 14 yr old? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is 14 (just) and she's actually been like this for a while now, even before she hit her teens although it has escalated in the last year or so. At her old school, she actually got kicked out and sent to an alternative school at the age of 12 for violence (getting in fights, etc). She...

How to deal with someone like this? [ 1 Answers ]

Here we go may be a little long. First let me say what is good about the gf/bf. They are always respectful to your face, always treats you with utmost kindness, very loving and able to show affection, will defend you and not allow any unkind word to you. Willing to drop anything when you call. ...

How to deal with this [ 12 Answers ]

Recently, I had posted a "problem" regarding my fear of my husbands unknown death. He has not died, but I was afraid of that since I had recently quit my job and we had no life insurance. Well, since then I went to Florida to help take care of my mom whom has lung cancer. I was okay the first...

How do you deal with this? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, If you have any kind of disability where it makes you look different and when going to a restaurant someone laughs or stares at you, what would you do? Now to make this situation even worse what if you had some teens taking a picture of you on their cell phone and laughing and...

View more questions Search