Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooney519 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2015, 04:50 PM
    Fractured Dog elbow
    Can a dog's elbow joint be casted and heal, instead of having it surgically pinned?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2015, 06:24 PM
    That's the question you ask a vet.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2015, 10:05 AM
    It can be... but the dog will forever have a pretty ugly limp and may be in chronic pain. If you cannot afford the surgery for the fracture, than maybe amputation would be a better option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fractured inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

In 1973 my mother and her new husband did a property division.(inheritance) They gave me an apartment. They did it in a form of sale ($5000) I never paid a penny. The stipulation was that I would never sell it until the last of them died. He died in 2010 and I sold it in 2012. I believe the way...

Dog elbow problems? [ 4 Answers ]

My dog has two 'callus' like spots, one on each front leg, just smaller that a dime size, on the front part of the leg and up from the wrists about 2". He keeps liking them and I am not even sure if they have been there before I started noticing them. Is this something that I should be concerned...

Fractured rib [ 5 Answers ]

If you crack a rib, how much pain are you in? Is it an annoying pain that won't go away or is it a breath stopping excruciating pain that sends you to the hospital? Not talking about a compound fracture or a total break, just a crack or a serious bone bruise

Dog Elbow Calluses [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My dog started forming pressure point elbow calluses on her front legs. I started rubbing Vaseline or liquid vitamin E on them each day. One of them looks better, but one of them is continuing to grow bigger. She's a young dog and I don't want her to have huge callus elbows. Does...

Fractured Back [ 3 Answers ]

Hey it's me, About 2 years ago, I fractured my back. Ever since then, I haven't been able to do any tricks, not even a cartwheel. I've been trying to work on my flips and stuff, but my back just won't bend right. I've been working on stretching it out, but when I try to do the flip, my back just...

View more questions Search