Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newport11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2015, 06:01 AM
    Can you ask a prospective new company not to call your old company as a reference ?
    Can you ask a prospective new company not to call your old company as a reference ? And if you do, would that raise a red flag ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2015, 06:07 AM
    It sure would raise a few questions, in fact many. It would bring the whole thing under more scrutiny.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 14, 2015, 06:23 AM
    IF you are currently working, you can ask, that they not contact them, till after you leave. But then if there is a issue, you could be let go by new company.

As someone that did a lot of hiring, if someone asked for a reference not to be contacted, we would ask them why, and expect a very good reason. Even then, it may put a "bad light" on that person.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2015, 06:51 AM
    Is this your current employer or a previous employer. There should be no problem asking that your current employer not be contacted, but it would raise flags to ask that a previous employer not be contacted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 14, 2015, 06:56 AM
    I agree with Scott. It is not at all uncommon, nor does it raise red flags, to ask a prospective employer to contact a current employer. You could risk losing your current job should they find out you are seeking alternate employment b

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I introduce my company as supplier /General Contractor to prospective client? [ 0 Answers ]

I want to write an introction letter to corporate an individual people introducing my company as a supplier/General Conatractor

How can I write a sample letter introducing my seed company to prospective clients [ 4 Answers ]

I need a sample letter introducing my company which deals in agro-inputs to prospective clients. The company will sell seeds, hoes, relief items items etc. our cacth word is " where quality counts" Kindly help urgently. Bitama

How to introduce my Consulting Company to new prospective clients. [ 2 Answers ]

Please advise how to introduce my Consulting Company to new prospective clients. I consult Insurance companies on auto fraud issues and Civil lawyers in cases in a variety of issues. I have a 16 year law enforcement and investigative background.

View more questions Search