Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattmabs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2015, 09:06 AM
    Briggs and stratton 16.5 ohv
    What would cause a Briggs and Stratton16.5 ohv to start rough, then idle smooth for about 20 seconds then die
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 05:01 PM
    Hi,
    Sounds like an obvious fuel problem. The first part could be valve adjustment, but second part of the question lends itself to the fact that fuel does not fast enough to sustain operation. Could a clogged fuel filter or a dirty carb.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16.5 OHV [ 19 Answers ]

I have a B&S 16.5 OHV MTD Yardman that will not turn over even though the starter and battery are OK. It will turn to a point and then stops. If I remove the spark plug it turns freely like it should. I know that removes the pressure in the cylinder but I don't know what could cause it to bind...

Briggs and stratton 18 hp ohv manual [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me out? I am putting a new cylinder head on my riding lawn mower and need the cylinder head bolt torque specs and torque pattern for a briggs & stratton 18 hp ohv. Model 31H777. Thanks

14.5 ohv briggs and stratton [ 2 Answers ]

My 14.5 ohv briggs will start and run great. If you can get it to start. When turning the key the starter will engage engine make a few rounds and then kicks back. It has broken 2 starter gears. If you can get it pass the kick back it will run fine. What do you think? Thanks,

Ohv 14.5 briggs/stratton [ 1 Answers ]

How do you adjust overhead valves on a 14.5 briggs stratton riding mower

View more questions Search