Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    09156 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2015, 02:09 PM
    Please help me identify these artists
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone could identify these artists. These belonged to my Father, and I have no idea who they are, and their worth, if any.
    Thank you very much!
    p.s. I.m not to tech savy, I didn't know how to crop before downloading so the first picture is on its side and both are bigger than I wanted. You may need to slide around to see the signature. Thanks again
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 10, 2015, 02:29 PM
    Even if I could 'slide them around' could not tell you their worth, or identify them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 10, 2015, 02:38 PM
    I put a painting of my parents on ebay, not knowing the artist either. It turned out to be a famous Haitian painter from the 50s, and sold for $900. At least I was able to read the name. Yours are too difficult.
    09156 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2015, 06:08 PM
    Well I appreciate your effort... seems like such a shame not to know!

Well I appreciate your effort... seems like such a shame not to know!

Yes, you're right, they are difficult to read. I thought the second one would be easier because it has a title, but oh well, thank you. Maybe I'll give eBay a go.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2015, 06:40 PM
    The second one looks like Ivan Joly, but that's just a guess. I googled that name and the name of the painting, and came up with nothing.

Sorry. Wish we could help.

I'd suggest going to an art dealer.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2015, 06:55 PM
    Segundo Nocturno-Second Night I believe is the name of the painting .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Artists name help identify [ 0 Answers ]

Can't make out the signature

Could somebody please help Identify the Artists [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All I am new to this site and need help identifying an artist whose signature I can't read. I bought 2 prints from CCA Galleries London in the 80's. I live in Singapore now. Can some kind soul with the knowledge help to either identify the Artists or counsel me on how to proceed with...

How to identify artists signatures [ 0 Answers ]

This painter artist's signature has three straight long lines which go far below the rest of the signature. The first one is at the beginning and the other two are at the end of the signature. The picture I have is a painting of a snowy scene. The mother is standing on a stool and is putting...

Identify artists signatures [ 1 Answers ]

I have some oil paintings I want to ID the signatures of. One is very difficult to read but occurs on two similar paintings of vases and fruit. Another is a name (something like Franc Lund - perhaps) on the back of the frame, and a symbol on the actual painting shaped like an 'm' with a harsh line...

Can anyone identify this artists' signature? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone identify this for me? I'm not sure who this artist is...

View more questions Search