Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akabuldinov Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2015, 03:43 AM
    Isolated power grid in the world
    My questions are about isolated (islanded) power system (power grid).

Isolated power grid (the other possible names: isolated power system, islanded power grid, island mode power grid ) is the power grid that has no electrical connections for parallel work with the other power grids (or electrical systems).

The question is:

1) What countries do have isolated power grid and what are the names of these grids?

I hope I could transfer my thoughts to you with the message above, as I don’t know how exactly it is called in English.

Some of the possible isolated power grids are in:
    1) Afghanistan
    2) Texas Interconnection
    3) Magadan, Sakhalin, Kamchatka in Russia
    4) Shetland power grid (UK)
    5) Nepal power grid

Hope to hear from you about my question and thank you for your attention.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2015, 04:08 AM
    Homework questions REQUIRE you to provide your work or your answer and why you believe it is the right one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Off grid power lights only 12vdc [ 6 Answers ]

newbie to site hello all, glad to find this place need advice have 54 x 12volt dc down lights max run would be 35 meters of cable, a mix of wattages approx 1 to10 watt leds/ 9 banks of 6 leds Would I be on the right track if calculated each led approx 1.2 amps x 54lights =64.8 amps/ so main...

I have a house off the grid.. How much power do I need? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2k sqft house (NO AC/HEATING, no need) Washer and dryer (2 times a day ea.) 500w each. 52" ceiling fan (high speed) 90watt Freezer (new star energy type) Energy Consumption (282 kWh/year) Large refrigerator, 440W 42inch TV (200 watts) Power On PC.. 250w always on/mostly 10 50-100w...

Battery storage to power grid [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My name is Dan I live in Portland, Oregon I have a basic understanding of electricity. It is easy to charge a 12 volt battery with house current and a transformer. Keep in mind this is hypothetical. (The only thing that can NOT be changed is correct input to return power to...

Cottage power, no grid.yet [ 13 Answers ]

Okay, I have a cottage. There isn't electricity where it is yet and I want to have power. I've been doing some research and I would like to use a generator. Preferibly a propane generator so I could use the propane for other uses like cooking or aux heat when wood is low. But there'll be times...

View more questions Search