Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristan3385 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2015, 10:46 PM
    Ask nurse free online
    Hello I am a 30 year old female and I suffer from type one diabetes and I also have neuropathy in my feet due to the diabetes. My feet are very swollen and hurting me should I put on my compression socks or what should I do to reduce the swelling and increase the circulation ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2015, 01:49 AM
    If your doctor prescribed compression socks, why would you not wear them? Of course put them on.
    How often do you see your doctor? You need to let her or him know that the edema is worse.

Put your feet up often, stick to a strict diabetes diet, and lose weight if you are overweight! No drugs or stockings can replace all the work you have to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2015, 04:50 AM
    What are your doctor's instructions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 6, 2015, 05:18 AM
    There is a big difference between diabetic 'socks' and diabetic stockings. Diabetic socks are just that, socks, but designed to make diabetic feet more comfortable if the person is still active. However, stocking are another matter and proper diabetic compression stockings should only be prescribed by your physician (as opposed to those recommended by a pharmacist), and if he has done so, you should be wearing them.

And, as joy suggested, lose weight if you need to !

we are not doctors and nurses here, medical advice should never be sought over the Internet, your life may depend on the proper information from your physician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a nurse for free online [ 1 Answers ]

Total CPK 42.0 Inter. Units/L 22 - 270 this is my cardiac maker results... did I have a heart attack?

Ask a nurse for free online? [ 1 Answers ]

What should I get tested for if my ex has an abnormal pap smear?

Online ask a nurse free? [ 0 Answers ]

I woke up this morning with a boil like thing under my right nipple and I'm an idiot and poped it... I have been at work all day but put a tissue over it, I just got home removed the tissue and a creamy discharge is gushing out... It's stopped now and is oozing see through stuff :(( what do I do?...

Ask a nurse online for free? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been allot where there are blood clots the size of my finger nail and I have to change my pad ever two hours what should I do?

View more questions Search