Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2015, 01:52 PM
    Wax free toilet seal
    Hi guys, is anyone using the wax free neoprene toilet seal?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 3, 2015, 06:45 PM
    I've only used it once and it worked just fine... it also cost 6X what a wax gasket costs! I usually work with older cast iron toilet flanges or older style PVC/metal ring type flanges so I always use 5/16" Johnni bolts (EVERYTIME) and a simple wax gasket (with or without horn).

I do think this is a VERY user friendly product!!

Hope that helped! Appreciate all you do here!

Mark
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2015, 01:57 AM
    Thanks Mark, I thought I might give one a try today and wanted to see if anyone had success with it.
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Jul 5, 2015, 05:49 AM
    Part-time,
    We use them very occasionally, usually while we are remodeling a bathroom and the toilet needs to be removed & re-installed daily. We still prefer to use a standard wax ( actually made of petroleum now ) gasket for all permanent toilet installs...
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2015, 08:40 AM
    Thanks Mike, we used one yesterday, first for me. I'm hoping it will stand up, better than the wax, to the big couple using it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet wax seal extension [ 1 Answers ]

We have very heavy family members whose toilets end up leaking... when the toilet is pulled the was ring is totaling smashed flat... what canwe do.. is there a cushioned part to buy to take the impact when they sit down? Any help would be greatly appreciated... we had to pull the ceiling out of...

Installing a new toilet and can't get wax ring to seal [ 10 Answers ]

I have a tiled basement bath with the closet flange sitting on top of the tile. When I set the toilet and tighten the toilet bolts part way the seal is OK. If I tighten the bolts and draw the toilet to the floor it leaks. The under side of the toilet only allows about a 1/2" of room for the...

Toilet mounted without wax seal, 1930's [ 10 Answers ]

I had to take up a toilet installed around 1938, it used a wall mounted tank just above the bowl. The bowl was not bolted to the concrete floor, but instead the bottom of the bowl was filled with something like plaster, but harder, which held the bowl to the floor, and provided a seal to the 4"...

Toilet wax seal [ 10 Answers ]

From what I've been reading, I'm guessing my new toilet is not sitting on the wax seal correctly. You have to hold the handle down to let it flush all the way and there is a Very faint but bad oder that smells like a foul oder being covered up with air freshener. This started happening after a...

Old toilet w/prob original wax seal [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I removed an old toilet that has a wax seal but not the new type with the flange etc. I want to replace the wax seal & reset the original toilet (it has space for 4 bolts... what to do?

View more questions Search