Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TByrd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2015, 01:56 AM
    Child Abandonment
    My 15 year old has 6 month by a 17 year old,who hasn't seen him since he was 2 months old,she found out he was on drugs and head he's in a rehab
    Can she gave his parental rights revoked & the baby's last name changed to hers?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2015, 03:58 AM
    You are not going to get his rights taken away, unless it can be proved to the best interest of the child. If he has long term jail sentence maybe (and even then just maybe) She can get full custody, and fight any visitation the father wants, (does not sound like he wants any) and get a child support order, and ask judge to allow name change. (but even that may have to be shown to be in best interest of the child.) Is the father listed on the birth certificate? Is there any custody orders in place? Is there any support orders in place.

It may depend also on where you are at, some countries and if US, some states are easier and some places almost impossible.

Actually not visiting the child does not change much, if there is court ordered child support not paying that can be helpful.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 3, 2015, 04:30 AM
    How old was your daughter when she had the baby? Are there any custody or child support orders in place ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about owing $100K in child support and child abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon, In July of 2007, I gave birth to a little girl and although her father and I were no longer together, we decided to add his name onto the birth certificate so he could assume all legal/financial responsibilities. For about the first 2 months, he would see her and provide her...

Can I file child abandonment warrant? My exhusband hasn't paid 5 months child support [ 2 Answers ]

It's been five months and he now owes $9,000 and refuses to pay. I filed a contempt of court order paperwork and the law has made four attempts to serve him but was unsuccessful. What can I do next? Can I file a child abandonment warrant or just file another contempt of court paperwork again until...

An a mother who leaves her child with its father be arrested for child abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mother who leaves her child with its father be arrested for child abandonment??

Should I File for Child Abandonment or Continue to Wait for my Child Support Hearing? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old child out of wedlock and I broke up with his father since September 2008. He was abusive and I had him arrested. After he got out of jail, I allowed him to still see our child. We agreed that he would pay the child support without the courts being involved. Well of course that...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search